SPICE Program Associate
Dean of Research, Stanford, California, United States
We are hiring one (1), part time (75% FTE), fixed term position for two (2) years. Although not guaranteed, there will be potential for an additional extension/renewal following the initial 2 years contingent upon additional funding commitments and/or programmatic needs.
The Stanford Program on International and Cross-Cultural Education (SPICE) serves as a bridge between Stanford University and K-12 schools and community colleges by developing multidisciplinary curricular materials on international topics, conducting teacher professional development seminars, and teaching distance-learning courses.
Since 1976, SPICE has supported efforts to internationalize K-12 and community college curricula. As a program of the Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies (FSI) at Stanford University, SPICE draws upon the diverse faculty and programmatic interests of Stanford University broadly—and FSI specifically—to integrate knowledge, inquiry, and practice in its curriculum development, teacher professional development, and distance-learning course offerings.Our VPDoR Diversity Journey:
- We create a hub of innovation through the power of diversity of disciplines and people.
- We provide equitable access and opportunity to all members of the community in order to do their best work, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- We listen to and value all colleagues who bring diverse perspectives to the advancement and development of a respectful community.
- We promote a culture of belonging, equity, and safety.
- We embed these values in excellence of education, research, and operation.
The Product/Program Manager 1 will manage all aspects of the SPICE's sales/marketing process and help to manage the program's website and promotional events. In addition, this position is responsible for teaching an online course for SPICE.
For consideration, please submit resume. All final candidates must complete a background check. In this role, you will:
Additional duties include:
- Understand and communicate the features, benefits, and advantages of the product/program to a target audience.
- Gather, analyze, and report on product/program data.
- Execute a tactical plan to meet the product/program objectives.
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure timely delivery of product/program elements.
- Provide administrative support to Product/Program team.
- Track product/program progress against goals and schedule.
- Assist in the development of materials which support the product/program.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Marketing and Communication: Marketing through local, national, and international conferences; independent travel to conferences to staff SPICE booths; online and print advertisement design coordination.
- Sales and Cash Management: Manage sales accounts, which includes data tracking to inform future sales and marketing decisions; preparing monthly sales reports; keeping accurate financial records for sales income and sales, production, and marketing expenses; utilizing campus computer systems such as Oracle Financials to perform financial transactions; managing credit card accounts, payments, transfers, and reporting monthly transaction figures to Cash Management; preparing monthly deposits and assisting SPICE's financial administrator in monitoring sales-related accounts.
- Management of SPICE sales office: Independently manage all aspects of the SPICE sales office, including customer contact; filling and shipping orders; billing; maintaining inventory; working with vendors; arranging pricing of units and accompanying audio/visual components; developing and managing SPICE's sales database.
- Website management: Collaborate with SPICE director on sales-related website content then implements plan to include soliciting and writing content and updating product information for ecommerce site.
- Event planning: Collaborate with SPICE staff on local, national, and international conference booth planning, three-day teacher summer institutes, and one day events.
- Teaching: Teach and coordinate all aspects of one online course for a high school in Japan.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree and one year of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Team player.
- Experience with content (text and images) formatting for print and web publications.
- Experience with sales and marketing processes including coordinating the production of a wide range of marketing communications. Marketing materials include development and maintenance of sales proposals and collateral, desktop publishing, newsletters, and many other materials related to marketing.
- Experience with event planning of various scale, ranging from one-day events to three-day institutes, as well as teacher webinars.
- Experience teaching at the high school level in Japan.
- Knowledge of Stanford University policies and experience with Stanford's web-based Oracle applications.
- Knowledge of databases and web-based communications.
- Proficiency in computing tools and applications, including software for web and print production.
- Proven ability to understand and interpret financial data with analytical skills including taking lead and responsibility for an organization's sales-related finances.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
Why Stanford is for You
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture
and unique perks
empower you with:
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency