Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB
has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
Provide administrative or operational support for Stanford GSB experiential leadership courses and programs, working under general supervision.Your primary responsibilities include:
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures. Answer (and reroute when necessary) teaching staff questions regarding time cards, compensation, and general inquiries.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors. Perform logistical support during class time. Liaison with key vendors to coordinate logistics for quarterly course retreats and course programming.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays. Draft and distribute communications to the teaching team and staff for experiential leadership courses. Create and edit course documents for students and instructors.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, and resolve calendaring conflicts.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies. Reconcile instructional team staffing budget and ensure compensation falls exactly in line with budget.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed.
- May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.
- Maintain approved content on websites. Edit Canvas content throughout the quarter. Update Google Drive with current and past content (class slides, docs, etc.) for instructors to reference.
- May perform human resources transactional support, e.g. time cards, I9s, and/or faculty affairs support. Communicate timecard logging details to temporary staff. Review/approve temporary staff time cards each pay period.
- May guide and train student and/or contingent workers including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work for quality and timeliness.
- Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
- High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Can-do attitude
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. Why Stanford is for You
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks
align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture
that encourages and empowers you.How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency