Visiting Assistant Professor, Civil EngineeringAgency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
S&E-School Of Engineering & Computing SciencesProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
The Department of Engineering in the College of Science and Engineering at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (TAMU-CC) invites applications for a non-tenure-track, Visiting Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering to begin fall 2021. This will be a nine-month appointment for the 2021-2022 academic year. The successful candidate will be expected to assist in the development of the new Bachelor of Science Program in Civil Engineering at TAMU-CC, in particular by developing new laboratory facilities and procedures for instructional laboratory exercises, and by assisting in the development of assessment metrics for accreditation. Teaching responsibilities include undergraduate courses related to civil engineering. Outreach for the civil engineering program may comprise some of the responsibilities of the position.
The Department of Engineering prepares well-educated, highly skilled, and socially and professionally responsible engineers and engineering technologists from a diverse population of students so that they can have productive and rewarding careers at local, state and national levels. Graduates will be well grounded in the fundamentals of engineering, mathematics, science, communications, and problem solving. To ensure that our graduates are valued by industry and to continually improve our program, input is sought from employers, our alumni and an industry advisory committee so that the changing needs of industry are met. The Department of Engineering offers programs leading to Bachelor of Science degrees in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and mechanical engineering technology.
- An earned Ph.D. degree in Civil Engineering or a related field;
- Prior experience in research or testing of material properties related to civil engineering and construction materials, particularly concrete;
- Experience in installing and operating instructional laboratory equipment related to civil engineering, in particular materials testing for civil engineering and construction materials;
- Experience teaching undergraduate courses in civil engineering and related fields.
- Certification as a professional engineer;
- Certifications in testing of concrete and other construction materials;
- Experience in working with professional and/or industrial organizations is preferred;
- Experience with ABET accreditation procedures is preferred.
TO APPLY: http://hr.tamucc.edu/careers/
All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for the position.
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of application addressing qualifications listed below including a statement of teaching/research philosophy,
2. A curriculum vitae,
3. Three professional references including name, address, title, telephone number, and email addresses, and
4. Copies of transcripts of graduate coursework.
The deadline for applications is Friday, July 30, 2021.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Visiting-Assistant-Professor--Civil-Engineering_R-039476
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency