Part-Time Communications & Program Manager, Office of Equity & Inclusion (E&I), Penn Law
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Part-Time Communications & Program Manager, Office of Equity & Inclusion (E&I), Penn LawJob Profile Title
Administrative CoordinatorJob Description Summary
E&I's Communications and Program Manager reports to the Associate Dean for Equity & Justice and Chief DEI Officer, and collaborates with E&I team members, other law school departments, faculty, students, alumni, and University and community partners, to facilitate event planning, publicity, and DEI initiatives across the institution. This is a regular part-time staff position, requiring a commitment of 20 hours of work per week at a pay rate of $22-25/hour depending on experience. Limited University benefits are available for this position.Job DescriptionRESPONSIBILITIES:1. Information Management & Publicity:
Keep E&I's web presence dynamic, comprehensive, and current, leveraging multiple platforms to reach audiences within the law school and beyond. Curate and publicize DEI programs, achievements, and news across the institution. Coordinate with E&I team and other colleagues to create resonant messaging for audiences on various platforms.
2. Event Management:
- Support communication of program goals, initiatives, successes, and opportunities to law school, University, E&I's various advisory boards, and other communities as needed.
- Collaborate with E&I colleagues to produce e-newsletters highlighting DEI programs across the law school and University.
- Manage and grow E&I's social media presence across different platforms, appreciating the nuance and sensitivity of DEI messaging.
- Update and maintain E&I's website continuously.
- Work with E&I team to develop and maintain stewardship materials in collaboration with the Office of Development and Alumni Relations and the Communications Department.
Support E&I team in planning and executing programs and events, ranging from small but frequent meetings with Advisory Boards or student groups, to student-sponsored events, and larger law school events like the Achieving Racial Justice Series. Work with E&I team and colleagues across the law school to plan and execute or support all E&I-sponsored or DEI related events.
Office Management and Support:
- Work with E&I team to set and manage event budgets.
- Spearhead and/or collaborate and support publicity for all events.
- Create and send invitations and maintain RSVP information.
- Organize travel and hotel arrangements for speakers; process reimbursements.
- Reserve venues, rooms, media, catering, and decoration for all events.
- Maintain an up-to-date events calendar for E&I, update law school calendar with DEI events, and represent E&I in law school event planning meetings.
- Maintain comprehensive event summaries, checklists, and budgets to guide event planning.
Serve as the first point of contact for E&I visitors. Keep the office well-supplied and functioning smoothly. Maintain office budget.
- Schedule appointments and meetings for E&I team members as needed.
- Direct email and phone inquiries to E&I team members as appropriate and ensure a timely reply.
- Coordinate with Business Affairs to effectuate office purchasing, payment of invoices, and reimbursements as needed.
- Serve as office point of contact for Information and Technology Services (ITS).
- Welcome visitors; address their needs or refer them to appropriate E&I team member or others.
- Provide support as needed for programs within E&I and at the law school more broadly.
Provide other support to effectuate DEI programs as needed.QUALIFICATIONS:
High school degree and 5-7 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The best candidate will have a passion for and experience in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives. Applicants should have excellent writing, critical thinking, organizational, technical, and administrative skills. Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Office products and should be able learn new computing programs with ease. Applicants must also be able to work independently, demonstrate initiative, effectively balance multiple tasks simultaneously, have strong judgement and discretion, and be committed to a service-oriented environment. We are a dedicated, collaborative team. We emphasize individual responsibility while depending on strong team support. * Interested applicants should submit both a resume and a cover letter. Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Law SchoolPay Range
$20.00 - $36.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Law-School/Part-Time-Communications---Program-Manager--Office-of-Equity---Inclusion--E-I---Penn-Law_JR00036097
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency