Overview and Responsibilities
Responsibilities of this position include oversight of the Human Patient Simulation (HPS) Lab and the Learning Resource Center (LRC) at CVTC’s River Falls Campus. This position works closely with the students and instructors in several healthcare programs including Nursing, as well as the Eau Claire LRC Instructional Assistant and Simulation Technician. This position reports to the Dean of Nursing.
- Conduct remedial review for students during open lab hours.
- Perform technical assistance when simulations are being conducted.
- Provide training and serve as a resource for staff utilizing the LRC and medical equipment including simulation equipment.
- Assist students with clinical objectives in the LRC/HPS lab.
- Track student hours, number of sessions, and notes on lab activities.
- Participate as an active member of the healthcare departments.
- Work closely with students who are not meeting course objectives.
- Keep LRC/HPS lab neat and orderly.
- Maintain supplies for the LRC/HPS lab and nursing skills classroom.
- Perform skills and simulation demonstrations for students and visitors.
- Develop and maintain skill stations and simulation area to provide realistic clinical experiences for students.
- Assist in developing simulation aides, documentation, and chart records to provide realistic clinical experiences for health students.
- Troubleshoot technical difficulties with equipment in the skills classroom, LRC, and simulation area.
- Assist in programming HPS software to meet clinical objectives.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently with minimal reliance on other staff.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Basic knowledge of and skills with technology including software programs for communication, data collection, and decision making including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Associate’s degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of three years of current experience as a registered nurse (RN) in an acute care or ambulatory care setting.
- Current Wisconsin RN licensure, or ability to obtain upon hire.
- Current CPR certification.
- Prior experience working with healthcare simulation equipment preferred.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the College may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties of position.As an equal opportunity/access employer and educator, CVTC is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Prorated benefits based on 75% percent of full-time:
- Health insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents with attached Health Savings Account (HSA) and wellness incentive
- Dental insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents
- Life and long-term disability insurance (must meet minimum requirements)
- Wisconsin Retirement System (must meet minimum requirements)
- 403(b) tax deferred annuity program
- 457(b) deferred compensation plan
- Section 125 flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development
Generally, with the exception of tuition reimbursement, benefits eligibility begins on the first date of employment (i.e., there is no waiting period).
CVTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the college's non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 620 W. Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6334, WI Relay: 711