: Academic SupportDepartment:
: Mental and Physical Health ServicesLocations:
: Poughkeepsie, NYPosted:
: Jul 23, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful and historic mid-Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City, DCC is part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country. A winner of the 2015 HEED Award for inclusiveness, DCC is dedicated to respecting individuality, embracing diversity and partnering with the community to achieve shared goals. The College welcomes applications from faculty and staff who share and are anxious to support the institution's values of Excellence, Access, Diversity, Collaboration and Accountability, and who are passionate about engaging with both students and the community.
Dutchess Community College is seeking a Coordinator of Health Services. This position is under the general supervision of the Director of Mental and Physical Health Services, the Coordinator of Health Services is responsible for providing high-quality services to support the well-being of our students. The Coordinator will be partner with external healthcare providers. facilitate the coordination of care to assist students with health concerns. The Coordinator will also be responsible for all protocols, processes and procedures for delivery and tracking of immunizations, vaccines, health screenings and clearances for athletics, residence life and applied learning experiences at the college.
Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Screen and maintain all health information for students assuring compliance with state mandates for measles, mumps, rubella, meningitis and COVID-19.
- Maintain health and immunization records on students required prior to placement in all fieldwork and clinical settings.
- Maintain database to track student health requirements for applied learning experiences.
- Oversee health records for residential students. Ensure compliance and completion of requirements for on-campus living.
- Maintain all health and medical records for camps, day care and nursey, etc.
- Participate as needed on the Behavioral Assessment Team.
- Answer general inquiries regarding student health requirements including health career programs, applied learning experiences and international student health insurance.
- Assist with the coordination of various wellness programs.
- Respond as a fast responder during emergency situations as required.
- Working with the Director, collaborate with other health and behavioral care providers and agencies to coordinate healthcare.
- Observe and document patterns in communicable disease and public health issues in compliance with communicable disease regulatory requirements and in collaboration with campus administrative leaders. ·
- Coordinate and participate in implementing immunization programs as needed.
- Collaborate with Dutchess County Department of Behavioral and Community Health to case manage communicable disease cases on campus.
- Confer with, participates, and cooperate with private physicians, community healthcare providers and public agencies in formulating appropriate campus health policies and resolution of student and community health issues.
- Facilitate student access to internal school, and external community resources for health care.
- Develop resources as appropriate to meet student health and wellness needs.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Registered Nurse; BSN preferred
At least three years of post-licensure nursing experience - experience working with traditional college age population preferred.
Demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse populations including students of color, international students, students with disabilities, LGBTQ students, and Veterans;
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Familiarity with legal and ethical issues relevant to the provision of Mental and Physical Health Services in New York State.
DCC is an AA/EOE employer. Dutchess Community College (College) as part of The State University of New York, in its continuing effort to seek equity in education and employment, and in support of federal and state anti-discrimination legislation, has adopted a policy to provide an educational and employment environment free from unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction.
A full background screening will be conducted.
Please submit an application, resume and cover letter.