Job location: Boca Raton Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ10665 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Systems Administrator Specialist, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
The Systems Administrator Specialist for the College of Medicine (COM) works closely with the Senior Systems Administrator and the Director of Health Information Technology to provide day to day operations and support for all the College’s systems and servers. The Systems Administrator Specialist’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Provides assistance with monitoring and maintaining the College’s software application and servers.
- Assists the Senior Systems Administrator with upgrades; applies system and software patches as instructed.
- Assists with periodic audits to ensure system integrity and security are maintained.
- Assists with the setup, configuration, deployment of new servers and VM’s.
- Ensures all security protocols are followed and all systems are secured.
- Creates and removes accounts from supported systems.
- Supports the Senior Systems Administrator to ensure all backups are functioning within established guidelines.
- Assists with software licensing.
- Assists with network troubleshooting.
- Sets up and replaces printers and print system.
- Creates end user and technical documentations for systems and services.
- Provides end-user support, resolves technical issues and provides technical assistance for all supported technology (AV, Computers, mobile devices).
- Provisions new users with equipment, software and system access.
- Ensures physical and data security for all deployed devices.
- Provides support for all academic classes.
- Provides support for the Research and clinical areas within the College.
- Provides technical support in-person, remotely, or via phone.
- Provides guidance, knowledge, and training to the Help Desk and Field support staff and students.
- Under the direction of leadership, researches and recommends new hardware and software solutions.
- Monitors the ticketing system, reviews all open tickets daily, identifies trends, provides input, and ensures that tickets are resolved in a timely fashion with accurate information.
- Acts as the liaison between COM IT, hospitals, external departments as well as with Central OIT for related IT issues.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and one (1) year of computer support experience; or high school diploma or equivalent and five (5) years of computer support experience required.
Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred.
IT Experience working in a higher education institution, medical school, or hospital or medical setting preferred.
Experience with Microsoft Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android required.
One year of experience with Office 365, SCCM, Casper/JAMF, Active Directory, CrashPlan, MediaSite, DeskPro ticketing system, VM Horizon, Teamviewer preferred.
Exceptional teamwork, customer service, attention to detail, comprehensive problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
Exceptional work ethic and able to work independently by managing multiple tasks and priorities required.
Technical certifications preferred.
Familiar with VDI and virtualizing technologies preferred.
Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills preferred.
Able to work in a fast-paced environment preferred.
Effective problem solver and troubleshooter preferred.Salary:
$35,705College or Department:
College of MedicineLocation:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.Application Deadline:
2021-08-16-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.
This recruitment has been reopened; all previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. This position may close without prior notice.