Job location: Davie Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ10677 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Police Service Technician, Davie, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Patrol assigned areas of campus; secure and unlock campus buildings as needed; check for unsecured conditions; assist public in those buildings; verify affiliation of occupants of buildings after hours; report all suspicious activity discovered; assist public with information and direction; provide a campus crime prevention function during rounds by advising department or persons of unsafe or unsecured conditions.
- Perform property rounds after normal working hours and on weekends. During rounds will maintain mechanical, electrical, plumbing, temperature logs, notify "on-call" personnel as necessary to address any problems; serve as point of contact for fire and burglar alarm monitoring.
- Respond to non-emergency police incidents to include though not limited to: battery boosts, lockouts, providing security escort services, lost/found property, prepare non-criminal police reports, and minor accident investigations.
- Handle telephone and walk-in requests for assistance from the general public; prepare necessary daily reports; assist with medical emergencies, fire alarms, and other occurrences within the scope of the department's responsibilities and mission when directed by an officer of higher rank.
- Patrol parking lots and walkways as a safety guard; issue citations as warranted for parking and decal violations; direct traffic when necessary; assist in special event parking and direction; report safety hazards; report all conditions that are or could create safety or security problems.
- Perform other duties as directed or as necessary which are similar and related assignments with the safety and security of the campus as the utmost in mind and in a highly professional manner of conduct.
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of related experience required.
Applicable security, corrections or law enforcement experience preferred.
Ability to operate a motor vehicle, knowledge of radio codes and procedures preferred.
Valid driver's license is required.Salary:
$11.91 per hourCollege or Department:
DavieWork Days and Hours:
Varies due to the position - 8 hour shifts between the days of Monday – Sunday, 40 hours a week.Application Deadline:
2021-08-02-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans, spouses of eligible veterans, and certain family members of eligible veterans, in accordance with Florida Statutes, Section 295.07. Please submit your DD214 (Member 4 preferred) showing your dates and character of service with your application as an attachment or fax to 561-297-3915 or scan and email to [email protected]
, prior to the closing date of the position. If faxing your DD214, please also send an email to [email protected]
to notify us that the form was faxed, make sure the email includes your name and the REQ# of the job that was applied to.
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume is required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.