Art Austin, TX, USA Full TimeEmail Me This Job
School of Arts and Humanities Dean's Office
St. Edward's University invites applicants to apply for the Administrative Coordinator position. The Administrative Coordinator will provide complex clerical and administrative support to the School Dean, Associate Deans, and Department Chairs in the School of Arts and Humanities. The position requires excellent organizational and administrative skills. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is detail-oriented and works efficiently.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Screen Dean's Office phone calls and act as a liaison between the Dean and faculty, staff, students, parents, advisory board, visitors, vendors, and other University and community contacts.
- Prepare contingent faculty hiring paperwork, supplemental payment forms, process payroll for faculty overloads, and generate teaching contracts for contingent faculty.
- Prepare and submit Concur and Banner reports as necessary; serve as the resource person when faculty have questions about Concur.
- Submit new vendor paperwork to Accounts Payable and submit honorarium/direct invoice payment requests in a timely manner as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the Assistant to the Dean on budgets in general, with special attention to the professional development budgets of individual faculty.
- Lead the recruiting, training, and supervision of student employees in the Dean's office; process student payroll forms and approve student timesheets as needed, oversee the Smartsheet and Argos hiring systems and provide faculty support with the student hiring process as needed.
- Serve as liaison between Registrar staff and Arts & Humanities during semester schedule building process, including soliciting and compiling master Smartsheet schedule data and submitting individual schedule change requests via the Smartsheet form platform.
- Work with the Director of Institutional Assessment to ensure that the School's data is stored appropriately on an annual basis; serve on the School's assessment committee.
- Work with Institutional Effectiveness and Planning regarding course evaluation and faculty grade distribution data; download, organize, compile, and distribute this data for use in faculty annual evaluations.
- Manage scheduling/calendar requests on behalf of the Dean and other Dean's Office Staff, as needed.
- Manage School's master event schedule.
- Organize and participate in meetings (regular and ad-hoc) as needed, including building and distributing meeting agendas and meeting minutes.
- Successfully lead the planning and/or execution of various Arts & Humanities events.
For consideration, a Bachelor's degree is preferred with one year of administrative experience or an equivalent combination of college coursework and directly related experience. Expertise in the use of Banner preferred. Data entry/retrieval, spreadsheet, and database experience required. Ability to learn other programs, including Banner database software, as necessary.
Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills are required. Ability to interact confidentially and professionally with students, parents, faculty, staff, and the general public. Ability to work under heavy pressure at times and efficiently manage multiple priorities. Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with personnel from other departments
Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required. Ability to learn other programs, including Banner database software, as necessary. Supervisory experience preferred.
Ability to comply with workplace guidelines and attendance requirements. Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check required.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
United Healthcare Medical & Rx Coverage (HSA & FSA Available)
Sun Life Financial Dental Plan
Sun Life Financial Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Available:08/30/21 Full Job Description
St Edwards Universityhttps://stedwards.applicantpro.com