Job no: 517475
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Categories: Information Systems/Technology, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:27010712 - HA-IT DATA CENTER
Computer Operator I
Monitors the status and operations of computing and networking systems.
- Monitors console systems and peripheral equipment.
- Monitors the status and operations of data center infrastructure.
- Conducts routine inspections on equipment and reports any abnormalities.
Follows documented procedures in dealing with production incidents of these processes.
- Assists with monitoring all new or surplus equipment.
- May assist with the asset management of IT equipment.
Answer After-hours help desk calls.
Must be able to lift and manipulate equipment up to 50 pounds for the purpose of assembling systems and performing maintenance. Must be able to get on the floor and work under desks or tables, and in tight areas behind equipment.
$32,136 - $34,814
Associate’s degree; or a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience
In addition to excellent written and interpersonal skills, must demonstrate knowledge and/or experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Strong knowledge of desktop, server, and personal device hardware, software, and peripherals
- Microsoft or networking knowledge
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Advanced Microsoft word processing, spreadsheet, or database development
- Familiarity with healthcare information systems
- Project management methodology
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written, American English) are required
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies (e.g. PC desktop common applications, internet and distant learning techniques)
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note: Working Hours: Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed - 7Am to 3:30PM
Please upload the following - CV or Resume, Cover Letter and List of Professional References.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 22 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 06 Oct 2021 Eastern Daylight Time