Accounting TutorClassification Title:
Instructional Support TechnicianMin Salary:
NE = Non-ExemptPosition Summary::
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking business and accounting tutors to work with students on areas such as general business, financial accounting and managerial accounting. Professional tutors must be knowledgeable in their field and have a strong academic background in their subject area. Peer tutors must have taken advanced courses in their field, earning no lower than a B and have an overall GPA of at least 3.0. Peer tutors are also required to supply at least two instructor references. The Tutoring Center is open Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Hours will vary within this schedule. Tutors could be assigned to South Campus, North Campus, or CBTC, depending upon need and availability.Staff Required Education/Experience::
- Professional Tutor: Degree in accounting, business or a closely-related field Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities::
- Peer Tutor: High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.), an overall GPA of 3.0 with grades in the tutoring area no lower than a B, a minimum of 12 credit hours and at least two instructor referrals
Knowledge of: Department::
- Specific subject matter.
- Various tutoring methods.
- Computers and related software applications.
- Ability to organize tutoring environment to promote productivity and learning
- Ability to provide feedback to students to encourage, motivate and build confidence.
- Ability to identify, develop or implement individual education plans for students.
- Ability to work schedule demands as needed.
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
Tutoring CenterWork Hours::
Work hours will vary but will fall between the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday and 9:00 am -1:00 p.m. Friday.Posting Date::
07/13/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
Please include an unofficial copy of your transcripts.Duty and Responsibility::
Review material with students by discussing text, working solutions to problems, or reviewing worksheets or other assignments and provide feedback to students using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate, or build confidence in students.Duty and Responsibility::
Provide supplemental instruction to individual or small groups of students to improve academic performance, improve occupational skills, or prepare for academic or occupational tests.Duty and Responsibility::
Organize tutoring environment to promote productivity and learning.Duty and Responsibility::
Participate in training and development sessions to improve tutoring practices or to learn new techniques.Duty and Responsibility::
Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.