Job DescriptionThe University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law is seeking an IT User Support Specialist.
The User Support Specialist is responsible for the technical support needs of the Maryland Carey Law School. This responsibility includes help desk support, endpoint management including patching, troubleshooting and resolution, creating new accounts, and working on IT projects as assigned by the IT Director. The User Support Specialist will need to provide a high level of customer service to Carey Law’s faculty, staff, and students and have a strong understanding of IT concepts while managing multiple priorities. This position requires strong communication and written skills along with having a high attention to detail. UMB was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers by Forbes Magazine (Feb 2021).BENEFITS:
This EXEMPT position offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Provides the highest level of customer service with all members of the Carey Law community.
- Provides Tier 1/2 technical support. Answers support calls, email, and walk ins as needed. Creates tickets & updates status when needed.
- Manages Active Directory including creating new accounts, managing Group Policy, and managing computer objects & organizational units.
- Configures, manages, and deploys Windows 10.
- Manages macOS devices via Jamf Pro and Jamf Connect.
- Performs onboarding training with new employees and off boards accounts as needed.
- Troubleshoots hardware issues including PCs, Monitors, Printers, and other peripheral equipment.
- Asset management including disposal of IT equipment through 3rd party vendor.
- Provides training to faculty, staff & students when necessary.
- Supports staff on the use of SaaS applications like WebEx, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Actively monitors and responds to IT security related events.
- Supports Carey Law server infrastructure under direction. Willingness to work toward mastery of new technologies and skills as the needs of the user community change. Perform other duties as assigned.
QualificationsMinimum Qualification: Education
: Bachelor’s in information technology, Computer Science, Systems Administration, Computer Engineering, or a related field.Experience:
One (1) year of experience with the types of hardware and software to be supported. Other:
May consider a combination of directly related experience and education. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Office 365, Exchange, Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint Online.
- Experience providing in person IT support in an enterprise environment.
- Completion of industry certifications (i.e. A+, MCSA)
- Experience with Microsoft Server administration or Office 365 Administration Experience with the creation of technical documentation & training for end users
Commensurate with education and experience UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request
. You may also contact [email protected]
. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Exempt StaffShift:
Francis King Carey School of Law - Computer DevelopmentJob Posting:
Jul 22, 2021Unposting Date:
Aug 5, 2021, 10:59:00 PM