Job DescriptionThe University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), Institute of Human Virology (IHV)
is currently recruiting for a Community Outreach Coordinator
. Under general supervision, coordinates the day to day activities of a program providing community outreach services designed to build awareness, interest, and participation in medical and/or clinical research initiatives. Supervises community outreach workers. Benefits Information:
UMB offers a generous benefits package, which includes with 11 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. Primary Duties:
- Monitors the recruitment of a client base within the community and oversees efforts geared to improve client retention.
- Manages a caseload of clients in need of special assistance.
- Designs data collection forms such as questionnaires and checklists. Ensures that proper procedures for collecting and recording data are met.
- Participates in the development of informational and/or educational materials and literature.
- Plans, organizes, and implements community special events such as health fairs and workshops.
- Assists with various administrative functions such as the development of policies and procedures; program evaluation; budget administration; purchasing; and space planning.
- Supervises the activities of outreach workers. Determines work priorities; assigns and reviews work including written reports and recommendations; provides guidance and training; and evaluates performance.
- Performs all of the duties of a Community Outreach Worker II as needed.
High-school diploma or GED. Experience:
Four (4) years in community outreach, health care, research, and/or social services, two years of which involved lead worker responsibility providing guidance and training over other staff. OTHER:
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Based on the duties of this position, selected candidates are eligible to participate in the Bargaining Unit (Union). Salary Range:
$37,863 - $45,855.61
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected]
. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Exempt StaffShift:
School of Medicine - Institute of Human VirologyJob Posting:
Jul 22, 2021Unposting Date:
Aug 12, 2021, 10:59:00 PM