Job DescriptionThe Graduate School at the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) seeks a dynamic individual to join our team as a Student Recruitment Specialist.
This is a highly visible position responsible for increasing awareness and building enthusiasm for the UMB Graduate School through student recruitment initiatives, outreach and communication, and specialized events. The Graduate School Student Recruiter develops partnerships with undergraduate institutions, corporate/community organizations, transfer counselors, and faculty. The Graduate School Recruiter generates inquiries from prospective students that convert to enrolled students.
Once we are back fully in person, this individual can expect to spend 25 – 30% on the road for recruitment activities; travel percentage may increase during peak periods*** Benefits Information:
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. Essential Functions:
- Serve as a first point of contact to prospective students communicating the university's mission, academic and co-curricular programs, extra-curricular activities and other relevant information throughout the recruitment process.
- Participate in on-campus/off-campus recruitment activities including graduate fairs, university visits, etc., and provide prospective students with information about the program offerings.
- Ensures prompt communication via email, social media, CRM and phone calls with prospective students and new students.
- Be an active participant in the successful execution of the Graduate School recruitment plan to ensure the enrollment goals for the department are met.
- Maintain reports on feeder schools and provide the team with statistical data.
- Develop and host live online chat sessions to provide information to prospective students.
- Facilitate the pre-admission and conversion process through various sales methods to include, but not limited to: automated and personalized communication, undergraduate institutions, pre-screened cold calling, presentations, etc.
- Monitor recruitment activities and advise of any mid-cycle changes needed in order to meet targets for the recruitment cycle.
- Lead webinars and virtual information sessions in collaboration with faculty and staff
- Manage partnerships and relationships with professional organizations and universities for the entrepreneurial degree programs in the Graduate School.
- Act as staff advisor to the Grad Gazette, a bi-monthly student publication lead by the Graduate Student Association.
- Manage the day-to-day social media activities and editorial calendar for the Graduate School.
- Consistently monitor all Graduate School social media accounts.
- Utilize CRM System to effectively track and manage communications with prospective students; modify communication workflows as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in related field such as business, marketing, or communications.Experience:
At least one (1) year experience in customer service or sales environment, preferably in an academic setting. Two (2) years related experience is preferred.Other:
Valid Driver's license.Consideration may be given for a unique combination of education and experience. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The Hiring Range for this position is in the mid $40,000s to low $50,000s, Commensurate with education and experience
- Strong written and verbal communications, strong interpersonal skills, outreach, public speaking, presentation and networking skills.
- A commitment to excellence in customer service. Excellent project and time management skills.
- Knowledge of organizational practices.
- Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and CRM systems.
. UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request
. You may also contact [email protected]
Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Exempt StaffShift:
Graduate SchoolJob Posting:
Jul 21, 2021Unposting Date:
Aug 12, 2021, 10:59:00 PM