The Finance Office of the University of Maryland Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center (UMGCCC) is recruiting for a Senior Financial & Budget Analyst that can build robust financial reports based on Oracle Cloud Financials (Quantum) data.UMB offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to eligible employees. This position receives an annual leave package starting with 22 accrued vacation days, 14 floating and observed holidays, 15 sick days, and 3 personal days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; professional learning and development opportunities; flexible schedules and teleworking options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources.Primary Duties:
- Develop and maintain complex spreadsheets in order to analyze financial data and prepare accurate and timely financial reports for university administrators, state budget, and financial reporting.
- Download, compile, categorize, and manipulate the University’s financial data by building quantitative models and formulas. Prepare, and distribute accurate, concise, well-organized, and timely financial reports, presentations, and financial information which may include financial charts, forecasting, and budget vs. actual variance analysis.
- Work within tight deadlines to analyze budget and financial data and report budget and financial forecasts for areas such as salaries, fringe benefits, indirect cost recoveries, state funds, revolving funds, grants and contracts, fund balances, and other areas as needed.
- Review and analyze all University assigned financial accounts and expenditures to identify patterns, trends, and anomalies in order to make accurate year-end revenue, expense, and surplus/deficit projections. Assist in preparing recommendations.
- Assist in preparation of future budget based upon historical data and trends.
Maintain and manage budget archive and financial data files that can quickly be accessed and manipulated to generate the needed financial information.
- Participate in special projects, specifically represent Program in Oncology and Center for Integrative Medicine as the primary point of contact with a goal of becoming the subject matter expert for Quantum Budgeting and Forecasting (QPB). Responsible for reviewing and updating annual budget along with maintaining quarterly forecasting projections in QPB.
- Support Program in Oncology and Center for Integrative Medicine with identifying data or information about a particular issue, discuss anomalies or discrepancies that are observed, and assist with the preparation of various internal or external financial data requests
- Attend financial and budget training programs as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or business-related field. Experience:
Five (5) years of experience in financial analysis, management accounting, budgeting and forecasting, data management and analysisPreferred/Other:
High-level working knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheet development, functions and formulas required. Current experience with Oracle Cloud Financials System/Analytics or other higher-education financial database/reporting preferred. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of position requirements. Knowledge of all applicable requirements, regulations, and laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to work cooperatively with others and independently. Ability to demonstrate, understand, apply, and adhere to the UMB Core Values of Accountability, Civility, Collaboration, Diversity, Excellence, Leadership, and Knowledge. Hiring Range:
Commensurate with education and experience.UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request
. You may also contact [email protected]
. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Exempt StaffShift:
School of Medicine - Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer CenterJob Posting:
Sep 3, 2021Unposting Date:
Sep 17, 2021, 10:59:00 PM