Job DescriptionThe University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), School of Medicine, Institute of Human Virology (IHV)
is currently recruiting for a Program Manager – PHIA Country Management and Operations (International Program Manager)
. The Population-based household HIV/AIDS Impact Assessment (PHIA) surveys collect data to guide HIV treatment programs through national household surveys which measure national and subnational prevalence and the progress towards the UNAIDS' 95-95-95 goals.
The primary purpose for this position is to provide operations support to ensure the HIV/AIDS household-based surveys are conducted with high quality and are efficient and timely This position provides support to country office start up and continuity of effective and efficient operations to ensure administration processes support the technical objective. The position will work closely with the Project Director and Program Manger Finance and Program Manager Global Supply Chain. The University of Maryland School of Medicine is currently comprised of a global team of more than 500 personnel in sub-Saharan Africa. Significant (50%) travel to sub-Sahara Africa is required. Benefits Information:
UMB offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. Key Functions:
- Responsible for implementing the work plan to establish new offices. New offices include establishing financial, human resources, commodities and logistic systems, processes and local hires.
- Working with the Regional HR lead in Africa and country office leads, this position is accountable for all CIHEB international HR issues including staffing, compensation, benefits, employment contracting, recruiting processes, onboarding, time sheet administration, employee relations and interacting with local counsel.
- Perform due diligence for employment contracts and benefits to ensure compliance with country laws and Ciheb values and goals
- Develop workforce strategies to recruit and develop qualified candidates in collaboration with workforce management and site management
- Coordinate fair and equitable employee recognition and dedication across countries
- Provide programmatic support and the development of effective and efficient administrative tools linking technical with operations.
- Oversee the day-to-day administrative teams to achieve objectives and milestones. Engage in budget formulation, justification and contract development processes.
- Maintains/or assists with human resources and financial tracking systems, and assists in the design and maintenance of costing data.
- Work with Country Directors on culture, values and policies
- Assists technical staff to ensure that the administrative information is available for their technical reports.
- Participates in all relevant technical and managerial meetings to assist in country management duties.
- Provides short term backstopping support of country offices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelors in related field. JD in international law or MBA with concentration in Human Resources and/or International Business preferred. Experience:
Four (4) years of program oversight including program planning, budget, and coordination. International program experience is preferred. Supervisory Experience:
N/A Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership and administrative skills, which may include documentation/presentation review, project analysis, and technical and programmatic administrative support activities.
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws in the nine sub-Sahara countries where CIHEB currently operates
Language: English, fluent in French is a plus.
- Must be well-organized, experienced in multi-tasking situations and highly motivated including strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and communication skills and confidence interfacing with government and non-government officials.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, Smartsheet and Vision.
- Able to manage various operational activities in support of one or more programs, based upon knowledge of programs objectives and requirements.
- Experience in project administration and management procedures preferred.
Commensurate with education and experience
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected]
. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Exempt StaffShift:
School of MedicineJob Posting:
Jul 21, 2021Unposting Date: