LIBRARY SERVICES-JOYNERAcademic Term/Year:
Fall - 2021Position Title:
Self-Help - Graduate Digitization AssistantPosting Number:
03609Student Job Category:
Student - Self-Help Campus JobNumber of Vacancies:
ECU Joyner Library Services is currently seeking a Graduate Student Assistant to assist the unit by:
- Manipulating and consolidating data in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Digitizing and processing images, text, audio and video for online display
- Creating and updating database records
- Performing quality checking and proofreading
- Generating digital surrogates via scanning
- Harvesting preservation metadata using various command line scripts
- Creating derivatives of scanned items stored in the online repository
- Post processing image files to fulfill the requirements of the library and or library patrons
Candidates should have basic computer skills and keen attention to detail.
Scanning, database, and OCR software training will be provided.
Hours will be scheduled between Monday-Friday, 9 am to 6 pm.
Maximum number of hours will be 20 per week.Preferred (Majors, Experience, GPA, etc.):
Experience with Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, DSLR cameras, HTML and networking.Special Instructions to Applicant:
Must be graduate student to apply.
Please upload your resume online.Quick Link for Direct Access:
08/31/2021Open Until Filled: