Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full-timeHours per week:
40Months per year:
011085NC Salary Grade Equivalency:
Public Communications Specialist - ContributingWorking Title:
Communications CoordinatorSalary Range:
$31,200 - $41,281Anticipate Hiring Range:
$31,200 - $39,018FLSA Status:
Student Affairs (Adm)Work Unit:
Student UnionWork Schedule:
8:00 am – 5:00 pm; Monday – Friday with occasional evening and weekend hours required, as necessary.Primary Purpose of Position:
This position provides communication support for the programs, services, and facilities in Student Affairs, with an emphasis on web and digital signage content management, email newsletter creation and distribution, and social media content planning and creation. The specialist will write, edit, update and reproduce information for websites as well as manage the intake, upload and communication strategy for digital signage in Student Affairs facilities. This person will possess an understanding of digital media, social media strategy and web content management. As a member of the Student Affairs Divisional Marketing and Communications team, the specialist participates as a team member on various projects and committees and is involved with the training and advisement of student staff.Minimum Education/Experience:
Required Minimum Qualifications: Essential Job Duties:
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
University Preferred Qualifications:
Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in a closely related field that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities needed in the area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
This position supports campus life at UNC Charlotte by providing communication support for the programs, activities, and facilities in Student Affairs, with an emphasis on web and social media content management, email newsletters and digital signage. The specialist writes, edits, updates and reproduces information for Student Affairs websites, assists with social media content planning and strategy, and manages digital signage in various building locations. The ideal candidate demonstrates strong writing and proofreading skills, customer service skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple information providers while working independently in a deadline-driven environment.Other Work Responsibilities:
• Writes and edits copy, prioritizes tasks and ensures information delivery through web, social media, and email newsletters in accordance with project deadlines and University branding standards.
• Publishes text and images with web content management software.
• Creates project task lists and timelines; tracks progress and prepares reports.
• Keeps current with technical developments and trends as they relate to web and digital signage.
• Trains and advises professional staff on best practices in web communication and digital signage; advises student staff as needed.
Departmental Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
• Proficient in web content management systems.
• Understands visual arts principles and concepts including resolution, file size, and appropriate uses of various file formats for web and print.
• Familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator).
• Communicates effectively and works collaboratively with faculty, staff, students, and the general public.
Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in communication, journalism, or design preferred, with two or more years of demonstrated proficiency in writing and graphic design (specifically Adobe Creative Cloud) for print and digital media. Experience with web content management systems; Drupal preferred, but not required.Work Location:
King BuildingPosting date:
08/04/2021Proposed Hire Date:
09/16/2021Special Notes to Applicants:
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application as well as a professional writing sample such as a news article, feature story, or similar example that showcases your creative and/or technical writing.
Also include a link to an online portfolio and/or other url to provide additional examples of your work in writing, web content, and/or social media.
Failure to provide these attachments may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and experience.