Associate Director, Athletics, Compliance Coordinator
Target Hire Date
07/01/2021 - 2 days to goJoin our community and experience Emerson College!
Responsible for scheduling and overseeing all activities (athletic and non-athletic related) that take place in the Piano Row Gym and the Athletic “SkyBox” at Emerson College. Responsible for “game day” activities that pertain to Piano Row Gym and “Skybox”. Procures, directs, and coordinates a variety of duties dealing with the purchasing, distribution, and maintenance of athletic equipment and uniforms to all student athletes for all college athletic programs. Attendance at NEWMAC meeting and committee representation, as needed. Liaison to student organizations as they relate to athletics, execution of game contracts and regular communication with all necessary constituents. Knowledge and enforcement of NCAA, NEWMAC and institutional compliance, rules and regulations. To ensure good standing within NCAA and NEWMAC and mitigate NCAA infractions responsibilities include eligibility clearance including but not limited to verification of academic standing, academic registration, completion of required NCAA compliance paperwork and mandated regular compliance meetings. Day to day compliance oversight included.Your Key Responsibilities:
Your Other Responsibilities:
- Facilities: assist with setup, operation, and take-down of daily practices and games by various teams of the college's athletic program.
- Provide leadership on projects as assigned.
- Serve as department liaison with other areas of the College including student organizations as it relates to athletics.
- Assist with the visiting teams and officials, as well as crowd control during events/games as assigned.
- Plan, establish and implement a regularly occurring preventative maintenance program.
- Provide immediate response to athletic facility emergency situations.
- Responsible for helping to find alternate facilities in sports that do not have home facilities. Schedules all home contests and processes all home contracts.
- Equipment management: Distribution, retrieval, planning, coordinating, purchasing, and maintaining equipment used by the department in compliance with college & NCAA regulations. Inspect all incoming supplies while maintaining an efficient inventory system and inventory control. Typical duties: issues to and ensures retrieval of athletic equipment and clothing from teams. Stores athletic equipment for daily and seasonal use; maintains inventories and records of athletic equipment and clothing. Ensures athletic clothing is laundered according to fabric and care requirements; operates and cleans clothes washers and dryers.
- Compliance: Monitor satisfactory academic progress and academic standing in addition to full-time status. Ensures completion of all NCAA eligibility requirements by all student-athletes. Administers and facilitates all mandatory compliance meetings. Addresses and oversees day- to-day compliance questions and concerns.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Participation in NEWMAC meetings and conference committees as needed
- Knowledge and enforcement of NCAA, NEWMAC and institutional compliance rules and regulations
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's degree with significant knowledge in a variety of sports and five to seven years experience that is directly related to duties and responsibilities.
- Compliance responsibilities include oversight of eligibility of all student-athletes to include academic eligibility and successful completion of all forms.
- Five to seven years of experience with knowledge of and experience in enforcing all NCAA, institutional and conference rules and regulations required.
- Five years of supervisory experience.
- Certification in CPR/ Defibrillation and first aid, valid Driver's license.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn and utilize other software applications as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively, and meet deadlines on a regular basis.
- Master's degree and seven years of athletic administration experience at the intercollegiate level preferred. Ideal candidates should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the nature and goals of a liberal arts college and have the ability to work within an academic setting with a commitment to student development.
- Seven years of experience in facility management as well as seven years of compliance oversight and enforcement. Experience with Front Rush and Workday are a plus.
- Usual Office Conditions
- Intellectual and mental concentration and the need to concentrate, intellectually, for extended periods of time - Yes
- Requires the constant coordination of mental and visual attention - No
- Requires the ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time - No
- Required to move/lift objects that are - Light
- Required to move/life objects - Occasionally
- Travel? - Moderate(25% of the time)
Grade of Position: A17E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
Hiring Range: $73,550.00 - $77,100.00
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Associate-Director--Athletics--Compliance-Coordinator_JR002707
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers. The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands. Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.Diversity Statement
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society. Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza, Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone: 617-824-8999; email: [email protected]Annual Clery Report
In accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson College commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police Department website
Information on Emerson College staff grade range
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency