Posting Number: :
0001078Job Title: :
Full-Time HVAC TechnicianPS Position#: :
00000106Position Status: :
Starting salary range is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, B23. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and related work experience.Classification: :
MaintenanceJob Summary/Basic Function: :
This position will maintain heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems in facilities on and off the main campus. The HVAC Technician will perform preventative and corrective maintenance, and general installation of all types of HVAC equipment including boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, fan coil units, direct expansion units, chilled and hot water pumps, condensate units, steam traps, heat exchangers, exhaust fans, fume hoods, water heaters, coolers, freezers, ice machines, and associated motors.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain pumps, motors, piping, and controls for HVAC systems.
- Repair equipment including leaks, replace defective parts, and tune equipment for optimum operations.
- Evacuate and recharge refrigeration systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair 3-phase motor controls and related electrical components.
- Perform maintenance and repair of pneumatic, electric, and direct digital control systems.
- Work with specialized contractor services on large equipment and controls.
- Repair, replace weld, and thread steel pipe and equipment directly related to HVAC systems.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Make deliveries to other facilities in and out of town by truck, trailer, and/or car.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position. Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications: :
Preferred Qualifications: :
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Completion of a formal HVSC trade school or recognized apprentice program
- Three (3) years of HVAC experience in an industrial/commercial setting
- Must be able to obtain an approved EPA Refrigerant Recovery certificate
- Must be a registered Air Conditioned & Refrigeration Technician with the State of Texas
- Must be capable of troubleshooting malfunctioning HVAC equipment by reviewing mechanical, electrical, and control drawings and troubleshoot using various test equipment
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must be familiar with and work within industry safety requirements for tools, equipment, and use of personal protective equipment
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, and/or carry loads of fifty (50) pounds for fifty (50) feet or more on a frequent basis
- Must be able to work from ladders, boom trucks, or man lift
- Must be able to stand, sit, kneel, squat, bend, stoop, twist, walk, grasp/squeeze for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in hot, humid, wet, and/or cold conditions as warranted
- Able to work individually and/or in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Must be customer-focused; continually improving on customer service
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Experience working in an educational setting
Main Campus - Baytown, TXOpen Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.