Job no: 509220
Position Type: Faculty Full Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Pay Grade: 03
Date opened: 20 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
UMass Boston, College of Nursing and Health Sciences invites applications for a Director of the RN-BS option in the Baccalaureate in Nursing Program. This 9-month leadership position is considered a clinical non-tenure-track faculty position in the Department of Nursing. The RN-BS option focuses on health across the lifespan and targets health equity in populations at risk for or experiencing healthcare disparities in parallel with our Traditional BS (Trad) and Accelerated BS (ABSN) options. For more information go to www.umb.edu/academics/cnhs. The RN-BS Option Director provides leadership for curriculum development in collaboration with all levels of communities of interest including external employers, the CNHS Advisory Board, faculty, staff, and students. A major responsibility is to oversee the quality of educational outcomes in consultation with communities of interest as well as the level of satisfaction of students in the option. This responsibility is in the context of the CNHS and Department of Nursing strategic plan and accreditation goals and outcomes (AACN/CCNE). The RN-BS track director reports to the Chair of the Department of Nursing.
- Provides leadership and management in implementing the curriculum while engaged in quality improvement data informed activities;
- Participates in the education of students by teaching online courses in the curriculum or other courses at the CNHS as needed; ;
- Responsible for developing and evaluating syllabi, supportive materials, and examinations for the RN-BS courses;
- Facilitates faculty instruction of students in the didactic/clinical courses;
- Reviews student applications for admission;
- Clarifies program policies through communication with students including handbooks and website;
- Participates in the marketing, recruitment, on-boarding of students;
- Monitors academic progress of students to enhance progression and completion of study;
- Refers students to academic support services as indicated;
- Serves as a role model of professional nursing leadership for students and faculty in the track;
- Guides the curriculum to meet the requirements of the MA Board of Registration in Nursing, American Association of Colleges of Nursing and The Essentials of Baccalaureate Nursing Education
- Reviews faculty teaching evaluation data
- Implements and monitors a systematic evaluation plan based on accreditation standards. (AACN/CCNE)
Qualifications: This is a 1.0 FTE, benefited position, 9 months. Currently registered nurse in MA (without an encumbered license) with a graduate degree in Nursing and terminal doctorate preferred (DNP, PhD)
- Teaching experience in higher education is preferred; teaching experience in other settings will be considered.
- Theoretical and clinical expertise in nursing education.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, assessment, evaluation, and interpersonal skills.
- Current CPR, CORI, and other documentation as required.
Salary and rank is commensurate with previous experience. The position will remain open until filled. UMass Boston is committed to being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and recognizes the power of a diverse community. We encourage applications from racial minorities, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to consider UMass Boston as their employer of choice.
To Apply: Submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching effectiveness, graduate transcripts, and names and contact information of at least three references using the appropriate link below.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
For further information, please contact Suzanne Leveille, PhD, faculty search committee chair, [email protected]