Gordon State College seeks a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of Enrollment Services Advisor. Under the supervision of the Director of Admissions, the Enrollment Services Advisor is an energetic professional who will oversee all aspects of the undergraduate recruitment, enrollment, and matriculation of students in their assigned territory.
The successful candidate will also help develop marketing materials and outreach efforts to groups and individuals including yield events, and work in coordination with GSC colleagues to promote informational sessions related to financial aid, orientation and enrollment
Salary is: $35,600
Represent Gordon State in assigned territory and create and implement recruitment and outreach plans focusing on the 14 county service area. Develop comprehensive plans for travel and outreach based on the strategy of recruiting a highly diverse and talented applicant pool.
- Advise incoming students in academic and career planning, including program and course information.
- Assist students in developing appropriate educational goals and successfully choosing an academic major consistent with students' educational goals.
Financial Aid Responsibilities
- Provides outreach to prospective students to assist with the submission of missing financial aid documents and information.
- Counsels and advises students regarding their financial options and responsibilities within the programs available in the Financial Aid Office
Special Liaison Responsibilities
- Serve as primary contact for an assigned specialty population, which could include things like High School Counselors, Transfer Students, Hispanic/Latinx, or Adult Learner
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Ability to deliver effective oral and written presentations, and written communications.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Master’s degree in any field.
- Spanish language proficiency.
- Prior experience working in higher education (student experience will be considered).
- Experience in post-secondary admissions, financial aid, and/or advising procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Gordon State College is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Gordon State College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Gordon State College Office of Human Resources at 678-359-5011. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 678-359-5011.