Trinity Christian College is accepting applications for an Assistant Athletic Trainer. The college is seeking candidates who are professing Christians and are committed to excellence in athletics and service. The successful candidate will support the mission of the College.
The position is full-time, 40 weeks per year (generally during August 1-May 15). The Assistant Athletic Trainer provides health care and health education to ensure the safety of, reduce the risk of injury to, and guide the rehabilitation of Trinity Christian College student-athletes under the guidance of the Head Athletic Trainer. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits and continuing education may be available.
Trinity Christian College is a member of the Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference of the NAIA. Trinity offers 14 sports, 7 for men and 7 for women. The college is located in Palos Heights, IL, a southwest suburb of Chicago. More information can be found at www.trnty.edu.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate area of specialization/Master’s degree preferred
- NATA BOC certification required
- Illinois State Licensed
- First aid/CPR certification for the Professional Rescuer
- 2-3 years of athletic training experience in a high school or collegiate setting preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of orthopedic exercise programs, functional return to play decisions, preventative therapeutic exercises for athletes, first aid treatment, referral and post-injury reconditioning
- Availability to work evenings and Saturdays, variable hours based on need and on consultation with Head Athletic Trainer
- Able to adapt to scheduling changes as needed
- Follow all NATA BOC rules and regulations and the Illinois Athletic Training practice act
- Use AED, provide CPR and first aid when needed
- Cover home practices and competitions
- Evaluate and assess injuries
- Clearly and concisely communicate with Head Athletic Trainer and coaches regarding student-athlete injury and illness relevant to sports participation
- Contribute to the training, educating, and supervising of student workers and interns
- Relay information on visiting athlete injuries to their athletic training staff
- Utilize electronic medical records for documentation
- Guide rehabilitation and therapies within NATA guidelines and Illinois state AT licensure laws
- Able to work independently
- Assist with daily training room operations
- Enforce rules and expectations for athletic training facilities and equipment
- Follow emergency action plans
- Create an open, comfortable and supportive environment for the student-athlete
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer or Athletics Director
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following with their online application:
- Cover Letter
- Written statement that describes your faith commitment and how it expressed through involvement with the body of Christ and participation in a local church.
- Please read Trinity’s mission, found at http://www.trnty.edu/About-Us/mission.html. Trinity’s mission states that we “seek to develop a multiracial, multinational and multidenominational student body.” Please provide a written statement that articulates your vision for diversity at a Christian college and how your vision shapes your work.