Analyst II Student Success Location:
LSC-System Office Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 5000 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77381.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Under limited supervision, provides timely and accurate institutional research, reporting, and analysis for Lone Star College administrators, faculty, and staff in support of strategic and operational goals. Utilizes professional level skills to accomplish assignments. Uses appropriate tools, including PeopleSoft, SQL queries, and other software applications, to manage, access and analyze data from various sources. Develops and maintains systems that support decision-making processes. Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for data related to student success and completion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyzes client requests, completes programming, and pulls data using SQL programming. Creates and troubleshoots complex, dynamic reports that can be updated automatically by the client, and develops queries in the Query Manager for end users
- Provides interpretation about report to the client to support their decision making process
- Provides Statistical Analysis Information using SPSS, SAS, GIS when it is needed
- Develops applications and databases to support system-wide projects, including business intelligence and strategic planning
- Communicates project/work-order status with the Student Success and Completion team via email, telephone, and/or chat, and serve as campus-based liaison / customer service representative for clients
- Serve as project lead and key analyst for the large-scale department projects including, but not limited to, student success points, student retention/completion, and related student progression and support metrics
- Develops research studies relating to System-wide issues
- Reviews other reports and assists as needed, including assisting with complex queries to answer in-depth questions; Assists AVC as needed within scope of responsibility
- Develops and conducts training sessions for related work activities as needed
- Creates training presentations and exercises to teach other analysts (both internal and external) as well as clients how to perform new tasks; Communicates with data analysts internally and externally as needed
- Writes and validates protocol documents for Student Success and Completion, including developing and validating SQL code
- Participates in a variety of internal and external meetings, conferences and workshops/seminars, representing Lone Star College and the Office of Student Success and Completion; May include giving presentations
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency with common office software (i.e. Microsoft Office suite) and other relevant software applications
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of software/hardware management and service delivery management may be required
- Ability to work on several tasks simultaneously
- Technical knowledge necessary includes statistical applications, data base analysis tools, spreadsheets, and the ability to create summary information from large volumes of data.
- Knowledge and understanding of statistical concepts
- Ability to analyze and evaluate a request and communicate effectively with the varied levels of employees is essential
- Ability to translate concepts into data and vice versa
- Highly organized, logical, efficient, and detail oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience with reporting/querying toolsPeoplesoft Query ManagerSQLHigher Education experience
Hiring salary range is $64,826 - $74,550
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Special Instructions Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts. You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.