President LSC-CyFair Announcement Location:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-CyFair
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Located in suburban northwest Houston in the heart of the CyFair Community, the college provides a full range of offerings including unique programs in fire science technology, logistics management and sonography. Since opening our award winning campus in 2003, the college has experienced record growth and supports an exciting learning environment that brings together state-of-the-art technology and active, collaborative learning.
Campus address is 9191 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress, TX 77433.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Lone Star College President provides leadership and oversight for a large college campus in multi campus system, including off-site centers. The President develops new and maintain/deepen existing external partnerships and community relations. In addition, the President must be a good/contributing team member of the Chancellor's Cabinet to help develop, coordinate and collaborate with colleagues new system-wide initiatives. This role ensures the college is meeting needs of all constituents including students, community, taxpayers, school districts and others. As a leader, the President works with key local, state, and national leaders to accomplish mission of college and system. The President provides leadership for college campus in multi campus system and ensures the college is meeting needs of all constituents including students, community, taxpayers, school districts and others.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The College President is responsible to the Chancellor of the System for the performance of the following duties:
- Participate in the decision making and fully support Lone Star College strategic priorities including the following:
- Academic and workforce
- Student success
- Financial responsibility and accountability
- Educational partnerships
- The establishment of a culture that values employees and students
- The Lone Star College Foundation
- A commitment to high ethical and professional standards
- Understand and support Lone Star College's budgeting philosophies, allocation models and financial accountability for your college.
- Understand and support Lone Star College Human Resource policies, procedures and practices.
- A knowledge, understanding, and practical application of Lone Star College policies and procedures.
- Function as an active member of the Chancellor's Cabinet.
- Develop and implement college educational and student development programs responsive to the needs of the students and the community, and consistent with the values and mission of the System.
- Develop and implement a plan of college organization including hiring, termination and the assignment of responsibilities to college personnel in accordance with Lone Star College policies. Included in this plan is a demonstrative commitment to diversity reflective of the community and student body.
- Develop and implement a college planning and evaluation system and report the results of all such evaluations to the Chancellor in a timely manner.
- Represent the college in community and civic activities, supporting the programs of the LSCS Foundation and maintaining positive relationships with governmental and educational entities within the college's service area, including members of the Legislature.
- Insure that the college facilities and grounds are maintained in accordance with System standards and norms.
- Act as the chief spokesperson for the college.
- Engage in appropriate professional development activities. Present at least once annually at a national level professional meeting/conference and once annually at a State or regional conference.
- Serve as the primary communication link between the college's students, faculty and staff and the Chancellor and Board of Trustees. Employee shall maintain a highly professional relationship with both College faculty and staff in all forms of communication and shall abide by all System Policies and Procedures.
- Initial assignment and/or reassignment of duties will be made by the Chancellor based on the needs of the System.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Integrity, highest ethical standards, and respect for the dignity and worth of individuals and groups
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good will, and a sense of humor
- Experience in providing educational or support services directly to students through teaching, student services, library assistance, or other areas of professional service where engaging students directly is required
- Demonstrated commitment to higher education or public service
- Proven management and leadership skills
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
- Earned doctoral degree and over 10 years of related work experience, to include at least 5 years administrative experience at the president, vice-president or vice chancellor level at a comprehensive community college or system
For questions related to the search process, calendar and Position Profile contact Search Liaison
Deseree Probasco, Chief of Staff/Board Liaison at [email protected]
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY THROUGH GOLD HILL ASSOCIATES
This search is being facilitated by Dr. Dennis Michaelis of Gold Hill Associates. Candidates should
send their materials directly to Dr. Michaelis at: [email protected] The following
items are required to be submitted directly and only to the search consultant via e-mail
• COVER LETTER, limited to no more than 4 typed pages, detailing how your education
experiences/background align with this Position Profile
• RESUME, limited to no more than 6 typed pages
Important Note: All attachments are to be in Microsoft Word or PDF format, and file names must
begin with applicant’s initials (example: ABCcover, ABCres, ABCref). The subject line in the email
should reference the position being applied for, i.e., President LSC-CyFair.
Review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. For
application materials to receive full consideration, it is preferred that application materials be
submitted by September 10, 2021.
Semi-finalist candidates will interview with the Search Advisory Committee in October with finalist
candidates interviewing in November.
REFERENCES will be requested only of finalists and should be limited to 1 typed page, and include
two supervisors, two direct reports, two full-time faculty members, and one community reference.
The references must include names, titles, business and personal phone numbers, and e-mail
addresses. References will not be contacted without the consultant’s prior notification to the
Transcripts will be required of all finalists. Official transcripts must be provided to Lone Star
College by the successful candidate as a condition of hire.
For other questions, contact the Search Consultant via e-mail noted below (including requests for
phone conversation, in which you should also list times and number at which you may be reached).
Dr. Dennis Michaelis Gold Hill Associates