Audio Visual Technician III Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
The role of the AV Tech lll is to provide leadership to the Classroom Technology Support team in assisting faculty, staff and students in carrying out the academic, business and co curricular goals of the college through the innovative use of technology. This position reports to the Assistant Director for Classroom Technology Support and will work closely with other members of Educational Technology.
- Interact with clients to guide them in understanding and using classroom technology.
- Assist in video production including shooting with DSLRs, robotic PTZ and Conventional ENG cameras, editing with platforms including Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere, sound manipulation of music and dialogue using Izotope RX.
- Provide AV equipment evaluation, selection, purchase, programming, and maintenance.
- Provide training for faculty, staff and students to include evaluation, selection and/ or production of training materials.
- Utilizes project management tools including Help Desk and scheduling software.
- Provides support for campus events including large venue sound, lighting, video recording and streaming.
- Attend training and industry events to maintain and upgrade skills and professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Four years of experience showing progressive involvement in AV projects of increasing scope and complexity.
- College Degree or Tech School Diploma or military training in related field preferred.
- Experience in integrating and/or programming AV systems.
- Education and/or Industry Certifications a plus.
- Intermediate experience troubleshooting and maintaining Educational Technology including Video Projectors, Crestron, control systems, video capture/editing, IP video conferencing, sound systems and a working knowledge of PC's and Mac's.
- Experience shooting and single and multi-camera video.
- Video editing using Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere Pro.
Conditions of Employment
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]