Job location: MC-Main Campus Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
Student Employee, Student Advising Center
Assist the Student Advising Center with front desk coverage, departmental programs including orientation and group advising. Perform office related duties such as answering phones, responding to emails and scheduling/rescheduling/cancelling appointments. Provide excellent customer service via phone and in-person to students and visitors seeking advising and information. Student Leaders do not provide ANY academic advising.
POSITION TITLE: Student Employee, Student Advising Center
STATUS: Part time
DEPARTMENT: Student Advising Center
DIVISION: Student Success
REPORTS TO: Sasah Tillman-Richardson
MINIMIUM PAY RATE: $11.00 per hour
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Greet students and supporters and schedule appointments
2. Assist students with accessing account information and navigating the MyJJC student portal and college website
3. Answer phones and relay messages in a professional and courteous manner
4. Direct students in admissions and orientation processes.
5. Direct students and visitors to other support services (tutoring, career services, etc.)
6. Assist in setup of New Student Orientation, including preparing information packets and room set-up
7. Assist Student Advising Center staff in orientation sessions, group advising, and other departmental programs
8. Assist with set up and clean-up of departmental events as needed
9. Perform office duties, such as copying, scanning materials, and assisting with mailings.
10. Keep student information and records confidential.
11. Assist staff with other office related duties
INTERNSHIP CREDIT AVAILABLE
1. Able to use internship as part of educational program or for credit hours, if desired
2. Approval of this position as a qualifying internship for credit is at the discretion of your instructor
1. Develop office assisting skills including customer service, organization, document
formatting/writing, appointment scheduling.
2. Develop problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
3. Gain experience working on projects, using office technology, and assisting students.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Familiarity with the JJC campus technology and student resources, including the JJC website, e-resources, MyJJC portal, student email, keyboarding skills and other technology functions
3. Must have completed the New Student Orientation process:
• Online NSO
• NSO Group Advising
4. Have at least two semesters remaining at JJC
5. Ability to travel to/work at both Main and Romeoville Campuses for periodic
6. Familiarity and comfort with using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
1. Minimum 2.5 gpa with at least 12 credits at JJC
2. Knowledge and familiarity with the JJC advising process (students will not be advising students)
3. Effective and professional communication skills with staff and students
4. Ability to work with minimum supervision and maintain confidentiality in accordance with FERPA (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act) guidelines
5. Patience, problem solving abilities, and a willingness to accept responsibility
6. Familiar with Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or other internet-based virtual meeting
7. Comfort with speaking in front of a group of students, to walk through the JJC Technology.
Normal office physical demands
15-20 hours per week including evening hours (determined by work-study funding)
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):