Job location: FMC Tower Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
JR00035591 University Overview
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Communications Administrative Coordinator - Wharton External AffairsJob Profile Title
Administrative CoordinatorJob Description Summary
Wharton External Affairs engages alumni and friends in meaningful, lifelong relationships with the School, sustaining and strengthening a culture of giving that creates positive impact among students and communities worldwide. Four External Affairs teams – Operations; Development; Alumni Relations; and Communications and Donor Relations – work collaboratively across the School and the University to secure philanthropic commitments that empower teaching and learning, research, and dynamic programs that comprise a leading global business education. Wharton celebrates diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging among its esteemed students, faculty, staff, and alumni.Job Description
The Administrative Coordinator will report to the Director of Communications, managing projects and processes for the Communications team.
Specific duties include:
- Acting as lead member of the External Affairs help desk team in managing the daily responsibilities of the alumni help desk which include documentation and summary reports for all incoming inquiries via phone and email.
- Serving as the Traffic Coordinator for the Communications team.This includes the coordination of all projects in the Wrike project management system and working directly with Senior Associate Directors of Creative Design and Digital Engagement to ensure deadlines are met for all projects in the queue.
- Management of all Communications projects and ensuring transparent communications of project status is provided across the department.
- Providing marketing support, including writing, editing and proofing of materials and assets as needed
- Providing administrative support to the Director of Communications, which includes scheduling meetings, managing calendar, purchase order ownership, budget management, tracking expenses and general support for the Communications team as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent required and 5-7 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ideal candidate's interests should align with the vision and mission of Wharton External Affairs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, diverse and high-volume setting Communications team.
- Must be comfortable with multi-tasking, should be customer-service oriented, and adhering to deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills are desirable, as the position will regularly interact with External Affairs staff, alumni and leadership and a variety of positions throughout the University.
- The candidate should be familiar with Microsoft Office- including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, Salesforce, as well as have experience with project management software platforms and tools.
Required documentsJob Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Wharton SchoolPay Range
$20.00 - $36.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family’s health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn’s Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you’re newly hired, you won’t have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That’s why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University’s libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There’s always something going on at Penn, whether it’s a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you’re right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay