Duke Primary Care is the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle area with family medicine and internal medicine providers, and pediatricians in 34 locations throughout the Triangle.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet® organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Duke Psychiatry & Behaviorial Sciences, 2213 Elba Street, Durham, North Carolina
The Psychiatry APP will augment a physician's ability to provide medical services to pediatric psychiatry patients. Collect and document data, conduct diagnostic assessments and medication management, order and schedule laboratory studies and professional consultations and provide direct patient care services.
Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (no weekends or holidays)
Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Work closely with the Director of Clinical Services to assess patient needs and support assigned clinical sites.
- Provide behavioral health assessment and treatment for patients with mental health needs in collaboration with supervising physician.
- Perform mental health diagnostic assessments and medication management to assist physician in diagnosing medical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and services for quality patient care; record the normal and abnormal data for review by the physician.
- Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations, and record the date in the patient's record; write progress notes; prepare patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive and negative findings; obtain psychosocial history relevant to patient care, and assume responsibility for developing therapeutic relationships with patients. Document assessment and treatment plans.
- Order and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic assessments; explain necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled assessments and medication management to the patient.
- Carry out medication management; monitor progress, report progress to supervising physician and maintain record of each patient’s progress, consulting with supervising physician when patient’s progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams within the department to provide care to complex patients
- Participate in basic science and clinical research projects conducted by supervising physician.
- Make work assignments for assigned nursing and technical personnel; review the work of other staff; train new personnel.
- Participate in teaching students and residents in techniques and procedures which are unique to the mental health setting.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- 2 yrs behavioral health experience stronly preferred
- BH certified
Workrequires completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program, with a Master's degree in Nursing.
No experience required. 3 years of RN experience strongly preferred.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BLS required. National certification as a NP required prior to or within 6 months of employment.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.