Residency Program Specialist Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Required Qualifications Associate's degree from an accedited college or university in related field with two years' of relevant work experience in an educational program OR
High School Dipolma, GED, or equivalent from a recognized State or Federal accrediting organization and five years' of directly related experience in an educational programKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of lab procedures and protocols
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Experience working in academic education and administrative support
Responsibilities This position will provide administrative support for the Department of Neurology and the Neurology residency and fellowship programs. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the Neurology residency training programs. Plan, order, and set-up for meetings and conferences. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of ACGME policies and procedures with understanding of common and specialty program requirements.
- Prepare travel authorizations and reimbursements for residents, fellows, program directors, and other department faculty and staff as necessary. Prepare remittance authorizations for residents meals, special events and reimbursements for regular program supplies.
- Provide general administrative support for residents, fellows, and residency program coordinator, program director, assistant program director, and department of Neurology in general.
- Assist the residency program coordinator with recruitment and interview process for candidates applying for residency program and fellowships, maintenance of all documents required for program requirements and to demonstrate current residents are meeting departmental and ACGME requirements, prepare for new resident orientations.
- Assist with development, coordination, and distribution of block schedules, call schedules, and other needs related to the residency program. Assist with entering, documentation and tracking of schedules and hours in the One45 system.
- Track resident scores for national exams and assist with maintaining a database of current residents.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F Pay Grade: 11 Salary: $14.01/hr - $17.85/hr
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 7/22/21 - Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a background check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.