PG191026EPInternal Recruitment :
Lead DietitianAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with experienceWork Schedule:
Flexible work schedule that will accommodate evenings and weekend counseling and instructional programsJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Student Health ServicesAbout the Department:
Division of Academic and Student Affairs
Mission, Values & Objectives:
We promote the success of the whole student. In collaboration with our colleagues across campus, we prepare students to succeed academically, professionally and personally, to embrace a commitment to lifelong learning and to become informed, engaged and productive citizens.
The purpose of Student Health Services (SHS) is to provide appropriate, affordable, accessible and high quality primary health care to eligible students and to provide a comprehensive disease-prevention and health education program within the NC State University community. The major function of SHS is to provide outpatient care to the 34,000+ NC State students. Some level of medical care or nursing advice is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week during the academic year beginning in August and ending in May. Hours of service vary during the summer and during holidays and student breaks.
All of our staff members have standards that guide the work we do every day: Student Health Services Values are Respect, Integrity, Customer Service, Teamwork and Excellence.Essential Job Duties:
- Lead and manage the Nutritional Counseling Unit at Student Health Services.
- Collaborate with other units on campus and near-campus to provide comprehensive nutritional programs. These other units include but are not, limited to Dining Services, the Counseling Center, and the Food Science Department.
- Conduct and implement comprehensive nutritional assessments for patients at nutritional risk; interpret biochemical and clinical data and screen, identify and monitor patients at nutritional risk; provide a variety of nutritional therapy intervention methods to resolve nutritional crisis and to ensure health maintenance.
The Lead Registered Dietitian (RD) supervises Dietetic Interns pursuing their RD certification.
- Lead: Supervise Dietitians
- Serve as team lead for dietitian group
- Oversee schedule
- Review team outcome
- Review case log
Duties and Responsibilities:Other Responsibilities:
Provide instruction and counseling to students with nutritional issues, diagnoses, or concerns. The RD will interact with students and provide individual student counseling and instruction to student groups. This often requires working with a treatment team consisting of physicians, therapists, or other health care professionals involved in the care of the student. The ability to counsel students with food allergies or other special nutritional needs is required. Collaborate with the University Dining dietitian to assist students on a meal plan with plan modifications, food allergies, and healthy eating options on campus. Serves as co-chair of the Eating Disorder Treatment Team alongside the Counseling Center’s co-chair. Serves as a member of the SHS Leadership Team. The RD will collaborate with the Food Science Department to recruit and train nutrition peer educators for campus outreach.
The RD supervises the Meredith Dietetic Interns pursuing their RD certification.Minimum Education and Experience:
Other Required Qualifications:
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in dietetics/nutrition — Graduated from a college or university that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE).
- The successful candidate must be a registered, licensed dietitian (RD) and be (or working towards becoming) a certified diabetes educator.
- Minimum of 2 years of paid experience as a registered dietitian.
- Effective public speaking skills, strong computer skills, experience with diabetic patients and weight loss support groups, strong interpersonal communication with providers and administrators, motivational interviewing, and program development.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software.
It is preferred that the candidate have a master’s degree in nutrition or 5 years’ experience and experience in nutritional counseling and outreach at a college or university.Required License(s) or Certification(s):
Registered licensed dietitian.Valid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
06/18/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until FilledSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please provide contact information for three or more professional references.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Fire/Explosions, Mandatory - Medical Emergencies, Mandatory - Hazardous Material Incidents, Mandatory - Transportation Accidents, Mandatory - Evacuations/Natural Hazards, Mandatory - Utilities/Infrastructure Failure, Mandatory - Threats of Violence/Terrorism/Interpersonal EmergenciesIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
244030 - Student Health ServicesAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.