Requisition Number:32200Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:University StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:02-Aug-2021Date Posted:02-Aug-2021 Close All
Job SummaryThe Service Center HR Coordinator serves as a significant resource and advisor to assigned departments on faculty, staff, and student related personnel and payroll processes. The Service Center HR Coordinator recommends and advises on necessary methods to efficiently expedite all personnel and payroll related issues. This position serves as a significant resource for interpretation and implementation of school, department and university policies and procedures regarding faculty, university staff, classified staff, and student personnel. Additionally, the unit will collaborate with the centers of excellence to provide a wide ranging repertoire of HR services to campus constituents.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreHuman Resources at CU Boulder exists to build success through others as we all strive to achieve the goals and fulfill the mission of CU Boulder. We devote leadership, ideas, and services that allow each person - whether an individual contributor, a manager, or a member of the faculty or staff - to do what they do...better!What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeHuman Resources and Payroll Services:
Campus Resource regarding HR initiatives, changes, and upgrades:
- Position is responsible for managing all payroll/personnel responsibilities for assigned departments which includes payroll processes and reconciling payroll discrepancies
- Position will ensure compliance with University, State, and Federal rules.
- Position will interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
- Position creates and maintains employment records using human resources management system (HCM) and maintains human resources related data.
- Position provides transactional and policy expertise related to I-9 & e-verify, FLSA, FMLA, etc.
HRSC Outreach and Customer Service:
- Position works directly with department liaisons and department leadership to resolve their issues and teach them new processes and more efficient ways of managing transactions by identifying the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Position serves as a resource on complex transactional issues that arise, applying general knowledge of Human Resources, including principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Position serves as a resource to the campus regarding HCM.
- Position proactively develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with assigned departments and maintains them over time. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Serves as a member of the HR team and participate as a representative of HR in internal and external committees as appropriate.
What We Can Offer
- Starting salary is $44,000.
BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe Adventurous. Be Unique. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Entry Level: Bachelor’s degree or professional work experience may substitute for the degree on a year for year basis.(position may be filled at the HR Intern level for training purposes)
- Professional Assistant level: Bachelor’s Degree and one year of professional experience. Professional experience may substitute for the degree on a year for year basis.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by August 2, 2021, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]