Support StaffPosition Title:
Mail ClerkFull Time/Part Time:
Finance and AdministrationDepartment:
- Performs duties of postal clerk for campus postal station. Name:
- Operates postal meter in accordance with postal regulations.
- Serves as a cashier for campus post office station, dispensing stamps and accepting mail and packages for mail.
- Picks up and delivers registered, certified, insured, and campus mail on established route.
- Makes deliveries and pick ups to and from U.S. Post Office.
- Uses electronic tracking system for incoming packages and USPS accountable mail.
- Creates mailing lists for bulk mailings using software.
- May be required to work in document services as needed.
Personal Accountability for ResultsDescription:
Takes responsibility for decisions, performance, and outcomes; behaves in a responsible manner with a positive attitude; shows self-awareness and openness to feedback.Name:
Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills; shares information and seeks input from others; adapts communication to diverse audiences; protects private and confidential information.Name:
Problem Solving and Decision MakingDescription:
Analyzes and prioritizes situations to identify and solve problems; generates solutions to improve efficiency and quality; involves others in solving problems and making decisions; factors organizational goals into decisions; makes clear, transparent, and timely decisions.Name:
Responds positively to changing university initiatives and readily adapts behavior to maintain effective performance; understands the long-term direction of the university and can relate this to departmental area; adapts to new methodologies; identifies and acts on areas where change is appropriate.Name:
Leadership and TeamworkDescription:
Applies skills and knowledge to provide a climate to achieve departmental and organizational success; balances individual and department goals; helps others perform at their best; builds productive relationships to enhance individual and organizational effectiveness; treats others with respect; resolves conflicts among team members.Name:
Creativity and InnovationDescription:
Generates, explores, encourages, and implements innovative ways of creating strategic value for the university, division, department, and individual level; critically assesses the effectiveness of new initiatives.Name:
Diversity and InclusionDescription:
Demonstrates respect for people and their differences; understands the benefits of a diverse workforce; earns the trust and respect of others; includes and welcomes others; works to understand the perspective of others; promotes opportunities to experience diversity within our community.Name:
Understands the impact of decision making and personal behavior in achieving the university’s commitment to a sustainable and carbon-neutral campus; supports and advances the university’s sustainability initiatives; influences others to use sustainable practices.Professional Experience/ Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to use email and learn basic mail sorting software. Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service of postal products to the Colgate community.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially and effectively with a diverse group of constituents including students, faculty, staff, parents and alumni.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word preferred.Education:
- Knowledge of Banner preferred.
- Familiarity with a point of purchase sales register is beneficial.
High school diploma or equivalent required.Certifications:
A current valid driver’s license, in accordance with the University’s Driver Safety and Motor Vehicle Use Policy is required.Physical Requirements:
- Must have the ability to lift at least 50 lbs. Other Information:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, climb stairs and work in inclement weather conditions.
Bargaining unit employees must apply by July 27, 2021 to be considered.Requisition Number:
Weekdays, with occasional weekends.Job Open Date:
The ability to work overtime, as required.
07/20/2021Open Until Filled:
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.Clery Act:
CAMPUS CRIME REPORTING AND STATISTICS
The Campus Safety Department will provide upon request a copy of Colgate’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report includes statistics as reported to the United States Department of Education for the previous three years concerning reported: 1. crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Colgate University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus and 2. fires that occurred in student housing facilities. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and fire safety, such as policies concerning sexual assault, life safety systems, and other related matters. To obtain a copy, contact the Campus Safety Compliance Manager via e-mail at [email protected]. You may also access the report from the Campus Safety web page at: www.colgate.edu/offices/support/campussafety.