Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions & RecruitmentPosting Number:
Full-timeIs this a temporary Position?:
NoJob Description Summary:
Position Responsibilities Minimum Qualifications: :
* Partner with the Director in the on-going development, planning, implementation and assessment of recruitment strategies, tactics, policies and processes. Independently utilize inquiry and applicant data to formulate decisions supporting strategies to meet enrollment goals. Use creative thinking and decision making skills to identify and select enrollment growth opportunities.
* Exercise professional judgement to research and prospect high quality graduate program candidates; use consultative selling skills to convert prospective students to completed applicants using communication plans that integrate in-person appointments, outbound and inbound phone calls, and emails. Use problem solving skills to identify prospective student needs and the appropriate Clarkson educational solution.
* Plan and execute on-campus and off-campus recruiting and yield events such as graduate fairs, career fairs, individual school visits, webinars, and information sessions. Travel to various recruiting events and universities to market graduate programs to prospective students. This includes coordinating logistics, presenting and assisting with content development, Travel to various recruiting events and universities to market graduate programs to prospective students.
* Use professional judgment to consult with inquiries and applicants for graduate programs to ensure quality, assist and convert them throughout the application process, facilitate correspondence between prospective students, the faculty, and staff when appropriate. Ensure accurate application data in Slate to assist with recruitment, enrollment and revenue tracking and reporting; maintain security of sensitive information and uphold Clarkson values.
* Regularly receive and answer communications from inquiries and applicants outside of regular work hours.
* Interacts with internal and external partners (e.g. career services, advisors, department chairs, etc.) to support and expand recruitment relationships and opportunities such as 4+1 agreements. Research and coordinate with Director possible new agreements and relationships.
* Conduct event and visit ROI analysis.
* Assists with other projects, administrative duties and initiatives as assigned.
* Position to include up to 50% travel with overnight travel required.
Minimum Qualifications Preferred Qualifications: :
* Bachelors’ Degree
* 3 years’ experience in a sales/recruiting oriented or higher education role with demonstrated competence
Preferred Qualifications Physical Demands:
* Master’s degree in Higher Education Leadership, Business, or another related field from a regionally accredited institution strongly preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, bend and stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Clarkson is committed to complying with the guidelines set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act.Close Date:
06/15/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions for this Posting:
This position can be located at either the main campus in Potsdam, NY or the Capital Region Campus in Schenectady, NY. Maximum Number of Reference Requests:
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Clarkson University actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women and people with disabilities.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).
2Minimum Number of Reference Requests: