DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine, Division of Renal Diseases and HypertensionAcademic Services Professional/ Fellowship and Alumni Relations CoordinatorPosition #00786298 – Requisition #22171
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Fellowship and Alumni Relations Coordinator position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.The Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension in the Department of Medicine is looking for a creative, innovative leader to coordinate, manage, and evaluate the Renal Fellowship Program. This is a full-time University Staff position located at the AMC campus. On the behalf of the Renal Fellowship Program Director, individual will perform duties related to planning, directing, and coordinating academic, operational, and financial activities of the fellowship program; assisting in the development of program educational and administrative goals and objectives; developing the mapping of the fellowship program structure; and providing sound guidance and advice on other pertinent fellowship program issues.This position will also be responsible for maintaining alumni relations. This function will include maintaining alumni relations database, maintaining communication with alumni, and maintaining relationships with these graduates. The long-term goals of this program are to maintain contact with alumni, inform alumni of program events and changes, and utilize this opportunity for CU Foundation Development, placement of graduates, and a data source for T32 grants.This position will be a hybrid position where some time will be spent working in the office, and other times working from home. Examples of Work Performed:
Fellowship Program Coordination:
- Coordination of daily educational programs
- Coordination and management of Nephrology Fellowship Program
- Develops the programs’ educational and administrative goals, objectives and structures working with the Program Director and Division Administrator
- Creates, implements and manages the policies and procedures for the programs
- Represents the Education Director as necessary in external meetings involving program needs
- Maintains, interprets, and implements University, state and federal guidelines and policies regarding educational programs
- Management of stipend allowances for UCH, Denver Health, and VA.
- Management of fellowship spending budget and speedtypes.
- Process additional pay forms as needed
- Prepare GME program budget reports
- Serves on Clinical Competency Committee with Education Director and Inpatient Director
- Continually manages and monitors program outcomes and evaluationsEnter and Maintain Information in WebADS (Annual ADS Update) Responsible for the management and coordination of the fellowship recruitment and selection process, including management of all ERAS functions.Manages MedHub database Coordinates accreditation activities - ACGME Site Visits, Internal Reviews, annual program reviews, etc. Provides guidance to residents/fellows on program and GME policies, and non-clinical aspects of the program.
- Ensures compliance with ACGME accreditation standards and other regulatory requirements
- Maintain all attending and fellows inpatient service schedules in Amion
- Process and submit fellows’ expense reports in Concur
- Coordinate all aspects of onboarding new fellows rotation through three different hospitals
- Coordinate events such as new fellow welcome party and graduation dinners
- Coordinate and proctor annual in-training exam
- Other duties as assigned by the Fellowship Director and Division Administrator
Alumni Relations Coordinator:
- Design and Develop an electronic database of alumni information for the Renal Division Training Program
- Make contact with approximately 200 alumni, establish relationships with alumni through communication and attempt to collect data
- Define and execute new policies and procedures for collecting, and updating data for current and future alumni
- Implement processes for future data collection
- Develop communication standards and polices including milestones and annual event information for alumni communications
- Prepare and distribute mass communications to alumni
- Implement mechanisms for improved program communication
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at Professional:$39,834- $58,000.Senior Professional$43,064 - $62,000The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
QualificationsMinimum Qualifications: Academic Services Professional:
A bachelor’s degree in a directly related field from an accredited institution and 1 year of professional level experience Preferred Qualifications:
Intermediate to Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite Knowledge of UPI, UCH and University policies, rules and regulations related to Education and FellowshipExperience in an academic environment, with an emphasis on day-to-day management of business and administrative operations.Experience with UCD software systemsExperience using Amion Experience in Graduate Education Program AdministrationAcademic Services Senior Professional:
A bachelor’s degree in a directly related field from an accredited institution and 2 years of professional level experience in Graduate Education Program Administration.Preferred Qualifications:
Intermediate to Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite Knowledge of UPI, UCH and University policies, rules and regulations related to Education and FellowshipExperience in an academic environment, with an emphasis on day-to-day management of business and administrative operations.Experience with UCD software systemsExperience using Amion Competencies
Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Outstanding customer service skills.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Additional Competencies:
- Ability to work with a diverse group and competing interests
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, work under deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with Leadership and lead the way for Division and Program growth and development
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to various situations
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use independent judgment and decision making to meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to effectively explain processes, procedures and policy
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent attention to detailSkilled in using independent judgment and discretion in deciding upon procedures to be implemented, setting priorities, maintaining standards, and resolving problems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to represent the University and work internally and externally in a professional manner with tact and diplomacy
Academic ServicesPrimary Location:
Jul 20, 2021Unposting Date:
Jul 25, 2021, 11:59:00 PM