Cascade Campus Gym/PEB Coordinator (Instructional Support Technician II)Requisition IDreq907DepartmentCascade Physical Education FacilityCampusCA-Cascade CampusEmployment TypeClassified-Full TimeClose DateApply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.Position SummaryTheCascade Campus Gym/Physical Education Building (PEB) Coordinator position (Instructional Support Technician IIin the PCC Classification system), collaborates closely with both the Directorof Athletics and Cascade campus Physical Education Chairperson to providesupport of all operations that occur in the Cascade Gym/PEB.
Managementof part-time workers (Casuals), and providing administrative support for PCCPanthers Athletics, and the Cascade campus Physical Education Department arethe primary duties associated with the position. In addition, the position isresponsible for the general cleanliness, basic security and some smallmaintenance of Cascade Gym/PEB equipment. Helping with current Covid-19 healthand safety protocols will also be aspects of the position. 1. Oversight of the Cascade Gym/PEB front desk operations. This duty includes training, scheduling and supervising part-time (casuals) employees that staff the front desk area. In addition, supervising all equipment check out, providing relevant information to all facility users including, students, staff, instructors, and the public.
2. Administrative support for PCC Panthers Athletics. This support involves clerical needs for the Director of Athletics, scheduling, helping with management of team gear, uniforms, travel logistics, as well as assisting in updates of PCC Panther Athletics social media accounts, maintaining confidential student- athlete files, and supporting functions/events at the gym.
3. Support of all Physical Education classes taught at the Cascade Gym/PEB. This includes helping with preparation of classrooms/spaces for instruction, maintaining equipment, and assisting instructors as needed.
4. Providing assistance with record maintenance for all Cascade campus Physical Education courses. This includes assisting instructors with ordering equipment, lesson preparation including any photocopying and or distribution of materials/equipment.
5. Supervise and oversee cleaning and sanitizing of all areas of the Cascade GYM/PEB. Including classroom/workout areas, heavy traffic common areas (front desk, stairs), and locker room spaces. Follow all PCC Covid-19 health and safety plans and protocols.
6. Participate as a member of the PCC Athletics Covid-19 health and safety team. This includes being available to help with Covid-19 health and safety protocols for PCC men’s and women’s soccer practices and competitions at the Rock Creek campus.
7. Provide support in the planning and implementation of all Cascade Gym/PEB events. This includes facilitating logistics (contracts, communication, invoices, payments, etc.).
8. Perform basic repairs on Gym/PEB equipment and maintains contact with appropriate vendors.See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/classified-jobs/ist-2/
Candidate ProfileThese qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
1. Experience training, scheduling, coordinating, and supervising student employees.Minimum Qualifications
2. Knowledge of administrative support functions, office practices and student learning environment settings; ability to work cooperatively and creatively to perform tasks necessary for efficient operation of the Cascade Campus Gym/PEB.
3. Experience working with an Athletics program, and/ or familiarity working in athletic/physical education environment.
4. Accomplished in use of technology, data management and social media.
5. Evidence of professionalism, excellent communication skills and a strong record of flexibility and reliability.
6. Experience interacting thoughtfully and courteously with students, employees and the public in a culturally competent manner.
7. Experience resolving conflicts between diverse individuals in a professional manner.
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of post-secondary education in a specific technical discipline appropriate to the instructional support (Physical Education or closely related); (experience performing the duties list of the position may substitute for the post-secondary education requirement on a year-for-year basis).
One year of experience supporting laboratory activities in the technical area is required (Physical Education/Gym facilities experience, PE Coaching, or closely related).
Must have proven communications skills adequate to assist students in understanding the work they are to perform.
Position Grade16Starting Salary ExpectationsThe first two steps of the range are: $37,993 to $39,129 per year. Higher salary placement may be available based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.Position Grade Salary Range$37993 to $60963 Annual SalaryFTE1PCC BenefitsPCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age. Partial tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions (full-time employees only).
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- Starts at 8 hours of vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of sick leave per month
- 24 hours of additional personal leave days per year
- 11 Paid holidays
View a complete list of PCC benefits
.Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Work pressure, disturbances of work flow and/or irregularities in work schedule are expected and occur on an intermittent basis. Changes in the performance environment require occasional upgrading of skills. Working conditions may be somewhat disagreeable requiring occasional exposure to safety hazards, noise and temperature.
Some learned physical skills are required. Physical effort such as frequent standing, walking and lifting; guiding and/or carrying of lightweight materials or equipment; occasional periods of sustained effort.
Background Check RequiredYesPortland Community College complies with the Oregon Veterans' Preference in Public Employment law which provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment. You will be given instructions during the application process to claim Veterans' Preference in the recruitment of this position, and to provide the documents required for verification of eligibility. Please do not send your documentation to the hiring manager directly. For verification of eligibility, please submit the following documentation:
Portland Community College is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected class.
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA