UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education.Posting Title:
Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students. UNT System institutions award more than 11,000 degrees each year – including the largest number of master’s and doctoral degrees in the DFW region. As DFW’s university system, UNT World offers a wide range of degree programs and academic initiatives across our campuses. With more than 300 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs, as well as convenient campus locations and teaching centers located throughout North Texas, our system provides a wide array of opportunities.
Adjunct Instructor: Child Development & Family Studies Adjunct Instructor Fall 2021 Department:
DAL-Counseling & Human Services-518100Job Location:
DallasFull Time/Part Time:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment Summary:
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Adjunct Instructor to teach in the Department of Human Services Management Leadership. Position Summary:
UNT Dallas is hiring for the following positions to begin, Fall 2021 semester.
• Child Development & Family Studies Adjunct Instructor
UNT Dallas – the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city – seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families, and communities. Candidates should demonstrate the ability to provide high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow’s careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach, and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
- Teach undergraduate courses for the Program of Child Development and Family Studies. Classes will be offered using the following modalities: face-to-face, hybrid, and/or online. Courses topics may include, but are not limited to, human development across the lifespan (e.g., child development, prenatal, adolescence), family dynamics and relationships (e.g., family, parenting), family resource management (e.g. management of family time and resources) and human development in context (e.g., cross-cultural perspectives, community, global perspectives).
- Be able to adapt and update course content to meet curricula and student needs as well as utilize face-to-face and online synchronous and asynchronous teaching.
- Applications will begin reviewing on July 26, 2021
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about teaching and student success and
contributes to the university’s mission through teaching and service.Minimum Qualifications:
- Earned doctorate with at least a graduate degree in child development, early childhood, human development, and family studies, or closely related discipline;
- Competence in subject matter as evidenced by relevant coursework;
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness;
- Affiliation with relevant professional organizations;
- Updated CPR certificate;
- Evidence of effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Evidence of scholarly activities
For Child Development Family Studies Classes: Work Schedule:
-Knowledgeable of Texas Rising Star (TRS), National Accreditation Commission (NAC), and National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accreditation standards.·
-Certified Family Life Educator Credential (CFLE)
-Demonstrated record of recent leadership in program development, advising, and other activities in academia or other settings.
As required to meet the academic schedule.Driving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Physical Requirements:
Sitting, Standing, Walking, Writing, Talk or HearPosting Number:
A472PSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Part-time position. Criminal history check is required. To apply, please complete the online application and attach a letter of interest stating area of interest, CV, and unofficial transcripts to http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information visit http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Judith Nix @ [email protected] Official transcripts will be required at the time of hire, copy of your LPC License. Applications without the required documents will be considered incomplete and disqualified. You will be contacted if a position becomes available. UNTD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the search is closed. University of North Texas at Dallas is an AA/ADA/EOEQuicklink for Posting: