Laboratory Technician I-Science, Environmental Science, and Engineering Departments -EXTENDED - Bunker Hill Community College
Boston, MA Category:
Classified Staff Posted On:
Wed Jul 21 2021 Job Description:
Provide technical support for instructional, research, experimental and other related activities in support of laboratory courses in Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, and Microbiology. Will work under the supervision of the Science & Engineering Lab Coordinator and will be based primarily on the Charlestown campus. Will also provide support for weekend and evening courses.
- Assemble, install and operate equipment, instrumentation and other apparatus in classroom or laboratories in support of research and instructional activities.
- Adjusts, calibrates and tests technical, laboratory and/or other instructional equipment and components according to specifications, standards, diagrams, technical manuals, and/or instructions of professional staff and faculty.
- Prepare materials for laboratory experiments, tests, and instruction.
- Demonstrate for and provide instruction to students and other laboratory users in the proper operation, care and maintenance of laboratory and instructional equipment.
- Set up and conduct experiments and class exercises; collect and/or assist in the collection of data; prepare and perform data analysis; and assist with research projects.
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of laboratory according to established standards and procedures utilizing procedures such as disposing of contaminants, washing and sterilizing glassware, and inspecting temperature control equipment.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment; orders laboratory materials as needed.
- Perform related duties such as maintaining records, logs and schedules of equipment use, maintenance and repair.
- One year of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in chemistry/biology/biotechnology laboratory work.
- Associate Degree or higher in a science field; may substitute for a required work experience depending on academic laboratory experience;
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
Shift: Tuesday-Friday 10:00 a.m.-6:00p.m., Saturday: 9:00AM - 5:00 PM and Sunday & Monday Off
Closing Date: August 5, 2021 -Extended to 09/01/2021