Job location: Commerce TAMUC Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R-039887 Job Title
Instructor - NutritionAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Health & Human PerformanceProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
The Department of Health and Human Performance is accepting applications for a Full-time Instructor (9 months), non-tenure track position to begin Fall 2021. Summer teaching is optional but not guaranteed. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses in Nutrition, Public Health, and possibly Kinesiology programs. The candidate must be able to work within a multidisciplinary department as a member of a team and within a diverse university setting.
Individuals must have a Masters in Nutrition and be a Registered Dietician (RD) or an RD with a Masters in a related field. Preference will be given to those who have higher education teaching experience and/or practical Nutritional advising experience.
Texas A&M University-Commerce offers more than 100 degrees at the undergraduate, masters and doctoral levels to over 12,000 students. Located one hour East from downtown Dallas, Commerce is a community with a rich combination of local music, festivals and other unique entertainment. Texas A&M University-Commerce is actively working towards Hispanic Serving Institution status to better serve this fastest-growing demographic group of the state and region.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach 15 hours (or equivalent) of undergraduate courses in Nutrition, Public Health, and possibly Kinesiology.
- Mentor undergraduate students
- Maintain quality programming in terms of expectations for activity, quality instruction, and record keeping.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with entities related to facilities and equipment.
- Utilize technology to improve classroom teaching.
- Education: Master’s degree in Nutrition/Food Science, Public Health, Exercise Science or related field;
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Interest in and knowledge of the nutrition curriculum. Commitment to high-quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Good written and oral communication skills. 1+ year of secondary teaching expertise in other Health and Human Performance areas (e.g. pedagogy, programming, health) is preferred. 3+ years post-credentialing work experience.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Registered Dietitian/Licensed Dietitian preferred. Ensuring and maintaining compliance with the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) standards.
- Physical Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with collegiate athletes.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
- The applicant MAY be responsible for the supervision of Graduate Assistants.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.