Hodges University is a private, not-for-profit, regionally accredited university located in southwest Florida and is regionally accredited by SACSCOC and approved as a Level III institution offering associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees. The University offers degrees in five Schools including Fisher School of Technology, Johnson School of Business, Nichols School of Professional Studies, School General Studies, and the School of Health Sciences.
Psychology Full-Time Faculty, Nichols School of Professional Studies
Full-time faculty are responsible for the instruction, evaluation, and academic advising of students. They develop academic courses and provide assistance with curriculum, textbook review, and program assessments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To promote the mission and support institutional objectives of Hodges University.
- To adhere to all FERPA requirements to include maintenance of all department documents, discussions and records.
- To provide the highest level of professionalism and customer service to all constituents.
- To instruct classes, as assigned by the Associate Dean, in different course delivery formats including traditional on campus face-to-face, Technology Enhanced Classroom (TEC) instruction, and fully online.
- To prepare course syllabi in accordance with University policy.
- To provide academic advising to the University’s student body
- To develop courses in 4, 8, and 16-week formats and in all delivery modalities.
- To adhere to all requirements and expectations in the Faculty and Academic Policy Handbook, including posting and maintaining office hours.
- To offer encouragement, assistance, and direction to adjunct faculty members.
- In conjunction with Associate Dean, engage with Admissions, the Registrar’s Office, and all other relevant stakeholders to ensure each has the most current program information.
- To participate in the curriculum review and development process.
- To participate in the textbook and resource selection process.
- To participate in University Service, including attending department meetings, student recognition ceremonies especially the commencement ceremony, and participate in other related activities as directed by the Associate Dean.
- To maintain records relevant to attendance, academic progress, and evaluation of students.
- To participate in scholarly activities as approved by the Associate Dean.
- To participate in all mandatory training, refresher training, and all required updates in Hodges University’s Learning Management System (CANVAS) as stipulated by the Office of Programmatic Quality (PQ).
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean, including but not limited to, committees, meetings, civic engagement, and public relations.
- Master’s Degree in Psychology or a related field.
- Three years of teaching or in-field professional employment.
- Possesses excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Terminal degree in Psychology or a related field
- Higher-education teaching experience online and face-to-face
- Direct experience with Canvas
- Course development experience
- See the Faculty and Academic Policy Manual for additional qualifications.
For more information about Hodges University, please visit www.hodges.edu
Live and work in paradise! Hodges University is located in sunny, Ft. Myers, Florida on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast. The region is home to over 1 million year-round residents who take advantage of entertainment options as diverse as shelling on Sanibel Island or Swamp Buggy Racing in Naples, Airboat rides in the Everglades or Art Shows on Fifth Avenue, Fine dining on cuisine from all over the world or fishing for your fresh catch, world-class golfing or Warm Mineral Springs, the Ferry to Key West or the Edison/Ford Winter Estates, and the REVS Institute for Automotive Research and Historical Study or the Rodeo in Arcadia. Our economy is among the more diversified in the state and our region continues to grow.
Hodges University is a dynamic, entrepreneurial institution of higher education that espouses the non-traditional, not just in the students we serve but in the opportunities we leverage. We offer workforce focused certificates and degrees in areas such as clinical healthcare, business, law, psychology, and information technology. We are the region’s only federally-designated Hispanic serving Institution and offer a robust English as a Second Language program – on campus, online, and in satellite locations. All of our learning environments are TEC-enabled, which means, for the majority of classes, students can pick both how and when they go to class – in person, online, or virtual – each time the class meets!
If you’d like to join our dedicated team of professionals focused on thinking critically and creatively to deliver educational programming and support designed to efficiently develop the workforce in Southwest Florida, click here.
Hodges University is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under the law in its hiring practices. All offers of employment are conditioned on the successful completion of a background check and in some cases, a drug test.
Hodges Annual Security Report (Clery Act Information and Policy) and Crime Stats can be found at: https://pathways.hodges.edu/consumer-information/. The security report describes Hodges Annual Security Plan and the Crime Stats report lists the number and types of crimes committed on or near campus each year.
To the extent, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is applicable to me, I hereby consent to the processing of my Personal Data as defined by the GDPR for the purposes outlined and provided for in Hodges’ policies, as amended from time to time. I understand that in certain circumstances, I have the right to object to the processing of my Personal Data. I further understand that I have the right to request (1) access to my Personal Data; (2) rectification of mistakes or errors and/or erasure of my Personal Data; (3) that Hodges restrict processing of my Personal Data; and (4) that Hodges provide my Personal Data upon request in a portable format.
Hodges University is a dynamic, entrepreneurial institution of higher education that espouses the non- traditional, not just in the students we serve but in the opportunities we leverage. We offer workforce-focused certificates and degrees in areas such as Clinical Healthcare, Business, Psychology, and Information Technology. We are the region's only federally-designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and offer a robust English as a Second Language program - on campus, online, and in satellite locations. All of our learning environments are TEC-enabled, which means, for the majority of classes, students can pick both how and when they go to class - in person, online, or virtual - each time the class meets!