LABORATORY SUPERVISOR, College of Arts & Sciences, Chemistry Tracking Code0891 Job Description
This position supports advanced (200-level and up) courses in organic chemistry.
- Preparing materials
- Setting up and breaking down laboratory spaces for instruction
- Ordering and maintaining stockroom supplies
- Ensuring equipment and labware are kept in good working order
- Supervising and directing a staff of student assistants
- Managing waste in compliance with EH&S standards
- Coordinating with instructional faculty and course staff to provide a successful and safe instructional experience for undergraduate students
Position requires the ability to track and plan ahead to meet the instructional objectives of both introductory and advanced courses, and collaborate with faculty and staff to ensure that students receive the appropriate supplies and support in a timely and efficient manner.
- B.A./B.S. in Chemistry required, Masters preferred
- At least one year of related experience
- Familiarity with organic synthetic laboratory processes and procedures
- Thorough understanding of laboratory safety and best practices
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with Excel as a tool to maintain inventories and track purchases
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular