The Daniels College of Business and University College at the University of Denver (DU) invite applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the Department of Management starting September 1, 2022. We are especially interested in applicants with a strong potential for a record of scholarship, teaching, and service.
We are open to applicants from all areas of management scholarship with a focus on strategy and all research methodologies. Maintenance of AACSB academic qualifications (Scholarly Academic) is required. The successful candidate is expected to teach courses during the academic year, which may include fall, winter, and/or spring quarters. Teaching responsibilities include both undergraduate and graduate level courses. Faculty members are expected to participate in the colleges faculty meetings, assurance of learning, and the advising of students in the program.
- Teaching: Expected to deliver up to six courses or their equivalent throughout the academic year, which may include summer, fall, winter or spring quarters. Summer research support and two course releases for research activity are granted for two years to an Assistant Professor. Course releases and stipends/summer support for research activity beyond the first two years as an Assistant Professor are subject to a competitive peer review process open to all faculty members.
- Research, Scholarship or Creative Work: Expected to deliver up to six courses or their equivalent throughout the academic year, which may include summer, fall, winter or spring quarters. Summer research support and two course releases for research activity are granted for two years to an Assistant Professor. Course releases and stipends/summer support for research activity beyond the first two years as an Assistant Professor are subject to a competitive peer review process open to all faculty members.
- Service: The individual who fills this position will be expected to participate in the academic life of the Department of Management and the Daniels College faculty meetings, assurance of learning, curriculum development, and the informal advising of students. Assistant Professor will typically engage in limited service activities, unless they tie specifically to ones research.
- Earned doctorate in management or related field from an AACSB or EQUIS accredited school. ABD will be considered.
- Current publication record that demonstrates Academic Qualification standing for AACSB requirements.
- Established record in research, teaching, and service as appropriate to the level of an assistant professor.
- Doctorate in business or a related field.
- Research interests in technology and strategy.
- Publications in Financial Times Top 50 journals or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with a variety of teaching methods and/or curricular perspectives to effectively engage diverse populations and learning styles.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is UC.
The salary range for this position is $150,000 - $165,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- 3 Publications
- One-page diversity statement describing how the candidates research, teaching and/or service contributes to DUs values, practices, and actions regarding diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence (https://www.du.edu/equity/dei-action-plan).
- Names and contact information for three references
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.