Position Summary & Description
This is a non-represented management position.
Position will be posted until filled.
First Round of Candidates will be reviewed on August 10, 2021.
The Director of Stewardship and University Events and is responsible for building and strengthening relationships between internal and external constituents through a variety of communications and events to foster professional and personal connections and experiences that inform, build community, and encourage all constituents to support the university’s priorities and facilitate meaningful and lifelong connections with the university. The director develops and maintains cooperative and collaborative relationships, programs, and events with all academic colleges and departments and university units such as Admissions, Career Services, Student Affairs, Athletics.
The scope of work includes constituent outreach and engagement with corporations, foundations, community members, government officials, students, alumni, and friends. Stewardship, cultivation, communications, and special events are tools used to achieve the goals and objectives of the office.
4 years of successful community engagement initiatives in higher education – specifically related to donor recognition, acknowledgement of gifts, impact reporting, event planning, and stewardship programming
Candidates must have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members.
Candidates must communicate effectively and perform well in the interview(s).
The work of this position occurs in a typical office environment. Although infrequent, periods of heavy exertion may occur. Incumbent must have the following abilities:
- Ability to travel to field locations and meeting/training sites by motor vehicle when required.
- Communicate both orally and in writing to issue, receive and carry out instructions and orders effectively and to convey information to a variety of co-workers and the general public
- Use a variety of common office machines such as telephones, calculators, copiers, computer terminals, keyboards, video display terminals, auxiliary printers and similar equipment.
- Perform manual duties such as lifting and carrying various weight limits.
- Operate office equipment which may require stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching and prolonged standing.
- Provide assistance and guidance to internal and external customers.
- Follow oral and written instructions
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application will consist of a cover letter, resume, names and email addresses of three references submitted in this online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/iupedu.
Automated reference requests will be generated when application is submitted by applicant.
Official transcripts will be required prior to hire for the selected candidate.
The position will remain open until filled.
You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been successfully submitted.
Please do not fax, mail or e-mail any documentation.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon confirmation of work eligibility and satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks.
Committed to excellence through diversity, IUP is an equal opportunity employer M/F/H/V and is a proud member of the State System of Higher Education.