Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
The Office of University Relations is seeking an Office Manager who will provide administrative and operational support for the Vice President of University Relations.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provides administrative support to the Vice President of University Relations.
• Manages the day-to-day operations of the University Relations Office.
• Assists and attends regional and charitable events, including tables, RSVPs and journal advertising.
• Plans and executes events, meetings and purchasing orders.
• Handles all public correspondences and inquires that come through the general phone lines and email accounts.
• Coordinates and manages the public relations interns and undergraduate assistants.
• Coordinates events and mailing with other executive offices.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Minimum of 3-5 years related work experience managing an office environment.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Must be detail-oriented, able to exercise good judgment and discretion, and capable of handling sensitive and confidential issues in a professional manner.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with upmost discretion.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication and phone skills.
• Proficiency in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
For consideration, please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: [email protected]
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.