We are looking for an enthusiastic, technology-oriented digital marketing generalist and team player for Inside Higher Ed, which is the leading source for the latest news, analysis and services for the entire higher education community. The Digital Marketing Coordinator will implement and track a range of digital marketing activities across multiple platforms for Inside Higher Ed and partner brands, with a heavy focus on social media and webinars. This position will also assist with general marketing activities, as needed. Responsibilities include the following areas:
Social Media and Community Engagement
- Maintain and grow new and existing social media communities, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and others
- Build community and foster engagement with readers across platforms by responding appropriately to reader comments and queries
- Post Inside Higher Ed news and opinion articles daily
- Create and post brand announcements and product updates
- Post, track and report on sponsored posts
- Track and report on social media KPIs
- Source or create images to accompany the content
- Coordinate all aspects of Inside Higher Ed webinars, including scheduling, technical setup, speaker/client coordination, event production and post-event reporting.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to successfully market each webinar.
- Host training calls with clients for each webinar about best practices and Zoom functionality
- Analyze and optimize the promotion and distribution of webinars with the goal of increasing registrants and attendees.
Other Marketing Duties
- Assist in the development of marketing materials, including sales emails, collateral and presentations, etc.
- Assist in the monitoring of metrics across platforms to help identify positive (or negative) trends associated with changes made on our site
- Stay aware of and regularly share new trends and best practices
- Monitor and respond to customer service requests
- Provide support for marketing meetings and events; includes opportunity for travel
- Maintain/update relevant databases
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related subject matter
- 1-3 years relevant work experience
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants and how each platform can be utilized in different scenarios
- Proficiency of Zoom (or similar) webinar interface and webinar hosting features
- Extreme attention to detail, particularly with grammar and spelling
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines independently
- Interest in higher education and/or journalism preferred