The New England School of Communications is looking for a part-time adjunct faculty member to teach the MC 236 History of Mass Communications course. This course is a 15-week online course during the Fall 2021 semester.
This course is a consideration of the inventions, events, and people that have shaped and influenced journalism in the United States, and how mass media and the practice of journalism, in particular, have shaped American history. The course follows the history and contributions of American journalism from colonial times to the Web, in the context of the technical, economic, political, and cultural aspects of American society.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide students proper instruction with content, and utilize text books required for this course to achieve MC 236 outcomes
• Accurately track and assess student progress and maintain Husson University standards
• Advising the Academic Director on proposed curricular changes
• Assisting the department in experiential assessments & exercises where appropriate
• Assist in the research and assessment of industry trends and future technologies concerning curriculum
• Additional Responsibilities:
o Gathering data and preparing detailed documents
o Representing the School off campus when appropriate
o Serving on committees, as appropriate
o Performing other duties as assigned by the administration
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Education: Masters Degree Required. PhD or MFA preferred.
Experience: At least 1-3 years of work experience in related field.
College level teaching experience preferred.