Social Media Coordinator, Office of Communications Location:
Wolfson Campus Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
STAFF- Support Non-Exempt (SNE)
$22.58 - $28.22
Social Media Director
Open Until Filled
Non-Exempt Hourly (Eligible for Overtime Compensation)
First Review Date
July 27, 2021
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for growing Miami Dade College’s social media followers, engaging with them and fostering community across the platforms. The position assists with written and visual content creation, brand positioning and community management on the College’s social media accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with daily posting and presence on the Miami Dade College social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok and You Tube, among others
- Designs and creates eye-catching, shareable written and visual content that resonates with each social platform’s unique audience
- Monitors, listens and engages with students and other MDC stakeholders on social media in an effort to support and grow enrollment
- Explores innovative ways to engage and grow the size and quality of audience
- Collaborates with Social Media Director and Visual Content Developer to produce high quality content that positively showcases Miami Dade College
- Assists with developing systems, work flow and best practices for content creation, distribution maintenance and retrieval
- Leverages market data to develop content themes/topics that enhance materials and connect with students and other constituencies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related field of study and four (4) years of professional experience in social mediaKnowledge and understanding of College organization, goals and objectives, and policies and proceduresProficiency with using major social media platforms for business applications and personal usePossess excellent organizational and communication skills (both oral and written)Ability to write effective copy in different styles for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.Demonstrated ability with software including Adobe Creative Suite, Sprout Social, Microsoft Office software and other social apps Ability to think, reason and make sound judgment on how responsibilities are completed in compliance with College standards and guidelinesAbility to work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings and weekends Ability to travel to various campus locations as needed; and be physically active while covering MDC events
Certain servicemembers and veterans, and the spouses and family members of such servicemembers and veterans, will receive preference and priority for this job vacancy. In addition, certain servicemembers may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements outlined in this job vacancy and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled.
The final candidate is to successfully complete a background screening and reference check process.