- Serve as lead industry partnerships officer for a portfolio of top university corporate and corporate foundation prospects within the telecommunication and semiconductor industry sector.
- Implement comprehensive goals and strategies, significantly building strong and mutually beneficial partnerships with these top university corporate and corporate foundation prospects.
- Effectively utilize a relationship building process, including identifying corporate partners for collaborative research initiatives, particularly those related to large multidisciplinary or multi-investigator projects.
- Work in tandem with university administrative and academic leadership in designing and implementing corporate visits, events, and informational exchanges.
- Ensure cooperation and coordination with appropriate University constituencies through consistent and effective communication.
- Build out an individual portfolio and proposal pipeline of opportunity within 2 years totaling $20M+ on a rolling 12-month basis that produces $5M annual production credit
- Ability to travel, work some weekends and evenings.
- Collaborate with Office of Industry Partnership colleagues, university administrative and academic leadership, development directors, other university partners, and corporate executives to develop comprehensive and sophisticated goals and strategies to broaden and deepen Purdue’s strategic partnerships with key corporations and corporate foundations.
- Leverage and maximize opportunities by working strategically and integrating efforts with the Office of Research Sponsored Program Services, Purdue Research Foundation, Purdue Online, Purdue Global, the Center for Career Opportunities, Office of Engagement, and others across campus.
- Set annual and long-term holistic investment goals for key corporations and corporate foundations, including philanthropic support, investment in research, investment in facilities and/or placemaking, and educational priorities.
- Continually pursue professional development opportunities including leadership in and service to national organizations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated track record of organizing successful business activities and the ability to lead the development of high-level industry partnerships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability as reflected in, among others, proposals and presentations.
- Ability to operate effectively in a wide range of professional and social settings.
- Ability and personality to work collaboratively with and motivate faculty, development colleagues, volunteers and donors with respect to fundraising activities.
- Familiarity with and ability to operate effectively in, a multi-faceted and complex institutional structure.
- Knowledge of, and top-level contact with, major sources of corporate funding.
- Regular and reliable attendance are requirements of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree required; technical BA preferred.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of professional industry experience within the telecommunications and/or semiconductor industry
- Minimum of five years of professional technical sales and/or business development experience as well as a successful track record of meeting or exceeding goals.
If you are interested in applying, please click here to begin the process: https://www.applyatprf.com.The application deadline is Friday, August 20, 2021.
A criminal conviction check and negative controlled substance test are required for employment in this position.
Purdue Research Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. PRF views, evaluates, and treats all persons in all Foundation-related activities solely as individuals on the basis of their own personal abilities, qualifications, and other relevant characteristics. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or status as a veteran.