- Manage cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship projects and processes related to securing individual annual gifts, and stewarding donors for assigned University clients.
- Manage the planning and execution of direct marketing projects from concept to completion, including scope, requirements, scheduling, budgeting, problem solving, reporting, analysis of results, and maintaining the integrity of the Purdue brand.
- Act as a liaison to campus partners to ensure consistent messaging, identifying areas of opportunity and growth, and to coordinate activities for optimal donor impact.
- Work in cooperation with the Broad-Based Campaigns and Strategic Engagement staff to coordinate schedules for electronic and printed fundraising appeals and communication materials.
- Manage vendor relationships and collaborate with all parties involved including the communications team, content marketing, graphic designers, data programmers, donor services, and other members of the Purdue for Life team.
- Work with unit fundraisers and donor relations/operations staff as appropriate to make department, unit and college mailings and emails as effective as possible; oversee direct mail, email solicitations, appeals, overall strategy, planning, testing, scheduling, reviewing, approving, evaluating results, adjusting strategies, and increasing results year over year.
- Understand data and the story behind it, in order to provide regularly scheduled unit reports and year-end updates.
- Serve as a resource for trainings.
- Design and implement strategies to properly steward philanthropic support to Purdue.
- Coordinate with campus partners on appropriate levels of stewardship activities.
- Identify campus needs and assists in the implementation of resources.
- Provide data proofing to ensure accuracy of requests and recommend adjustments as needed.
- Assist with content proofing and recommend adjustments as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal/written communication, organizational and personal computer skills.
- Understanding of/and ability to use social media tools.
- Sound judgment, initiative, and ability to collaborate effectively required.
- Regular and reliable attendance are requirements of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience preferred.
- Direct mail experience preferred.
- Experience in higher education is preferred.
This posting represents two openings. If you are interested in applying, please click here to begin the process: https://www.applyatprf.com.The application deadline is Friday, August 13, 2021.
A criminal conviction check and negative controlled substance test are required for employment in this position.
Purdue Research Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. PRF views, evaluates, and treats all persons in all Foundation-related activities solely as individuals on the basis of their own personal abilities, qualifications, and other relevant characteristics. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or status as a veteran.