Associate Director, Admissions (Visit Experience and Events Manager)
The University of Delaware
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions receives approximately 35,000 freshman and transfer applications per year, hosts on-campus (approximately 23,000 visitors/year) and off-campus recruitment events and maintains a prospect list of more than 300,000 potential students globally. Under the general direction of the Deputy Director, the Associate Director, Admissions (Visit Experience and Events Manager) is a critical member of the management team and provides collaboration and support to the entire department. The position acts as key liaison to several key partners in the campus community including the Honors Program, the Office of Communications and Marketing, the academic college Assistant Deans and the Office of Development and Alumni Relations.
The Associate Director supports the strategic and tactical plans for the department by coordinating campus visits, special events programming that allows us to compete effectively in the marketplace. The Associate Director leads, motivates, and mentors Assistant Directors and Admissions Counselors, while cross-functionally supporting other members of the office. The Associate Director is a strategic communicator, event planner, and visionary who understands how to lead, motivate, research, develop, implement, and track outcomes for visit and event programming.
- Innovate and develop, implement, and analyze visitation programs, including daily visits, the front desk customer service engagement, and all special event programming including open house programs, school counselor programs, honors program specific events, Destination Delaware, school groups, etc.
- Create schedule of opportunities for public to visit in person and virtually on weekdays, weekends, open house programs (Blue and Golden, Decision Days), and for other special events.
- Analyze and research market trends for higher education enrollment management communications as it relates to event planning and visits.
- Collect and analyze data related to executed visitation programs.
- Provide strategic vision for events as they relate to recruitment and admissions goals.
- Oversee, lead, manage and inspire staff that support the efforts for virtual and on-campus recruitment, including daily visits, open house programs and the Blue Hen Ambassador Tour guide program.
- Work closely with assistant deans, college communicators and OCM on ways to enhance programming targeted for specific audiences and recruitment goals.
- Assist in the recruitment, including light travel, and file review of first-year and transfer students.
- Perform job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and five years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of event programming trends and effectiveness for student recruitment and admissions required.
- Ability to be proactive and reactive to the needs of the recruitment and admissions cycle as it relates to event programming.
- Creative thinker with nimble abilities to be able to react in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Experience with assessment and implementation of innovative, creative, and effective programming required.
- Skilled project manager preferred, with a proven track record of leading and planning cross-functional projects and teams.
- Experience as a supervisor is desired. Successful experience developing individuals as well as teams desired.
- Effective written and oral communication and organizational skills required. Ability to present effectively to small and large groups required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community required.
- Ability to multitask, work independently and as a team member to achieve common goals, and to exercise sound judgment is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of higher education is required.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Valid driver’s license, reliable access to transportation, and ability to travel and work extended hours, including weekends and evenings.
To Apply: For more information and to apply online visit: https://careers.udel.edu/en-us/listing/. Search for Job ID 496101
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from minority group members, women, individuals with a disability and veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html. Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment. The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer with diversity as one of its core values.